Monument CCA.. Is this enforcable?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recent requested a CCA from Monument. They have sent me what looks like an application form and an attached terms of agreement and said that it is ENFORCABLE.

They sent me a letter stating it is according to section 78 of the Comsumer Cretit Act 1974. They said that they sent me a copy of a reply card, which I completed on applying for the card and an up to date Term and Conditioions document submitted that they say relect the agreement but which has been amended. They also said a copy of Credit Agreements was given to me at the time of marketing solicitation and at the time the credit card was issued. They did not enclose that agreement they claim I recieved at marketing solicitation. They also said in the final paragraph that the agreement is enforceable and there can be no dispute. See letter below

Attachments

Letter

[ATTACH]11730[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11731[/ATTACH]

Alleged CCA ( Which is a reply card/ application form)

[ATTACH]11732[/ATTACH]

Attached Terms and Conditions

New Terms  Conditions.jpg

Please give me some advice so I can respond to Monument.

Cheers

Edited by 1273

I recent requested a CCA from Monument. They have sent me what looks like an application form and an attached terms of agreement and said that it is ENFORCABLE.

Please see attahed

Alleged CCA ( Which is an application form)

[ATTACH]11682[/ATTACH]

Letter from Monument

[ATTACH]11683[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11684[/ATTACH]

Cheers

You could possibly send a letter something like this:

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 12 August 2009.

I note that, although I did not request it, you have kindly provided me with a copy of my application (in the form of an unexecuted agreement) for a credit card, for which I thank you. I would be grateful if, in addition to the copy of the application in the form of an unexecuted agreement you have provided to me, you would also give me a copy of the executed agreement relating to this account and of any other document referred to in it, as provided for by Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I also note that you have kindly provided me with a copy of a modifying agreement incorporating my Credit Card Terms & Conditions as varied by Monument under S82 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I am pleased to note your confirmation that a copy of the original Credit Card terms & Conditions were provided to me at the same time that my credit card was issued, therefore I would be grateful if Monument would provide me with a copy of that document, to which the modifying agreement you have sent to me relates, as provided for by S78 of the Act, and as also provided for by S7 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

Yours faithfully

Edited by toymaker1
typo

Please see attahed

Alleged CCA ( Which is an application form)

[ATTACH]11682[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11684[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Dude, ive removed a letter as it had your personal details left on it

Please can you post a larger scan of the form as it's rather small.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, have a close look at these links which may help you decide on the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can a Credit Card Application containing Key Financial Information (interest rates etc, loss and theft of card and genral information about missing payments and default charges be said to be an Consumer Credit Agreement. It also says 'once you have signed this agreement, you will have a short time to cancel it. We will send you the exact details of how and when you can do this.'

There is no credit amount or credit limit. At the end it below my signature it says By signing this you authorise us when considering YOUR APPLICATION to gain additional relevant information, credit references, electoral role etc

My signature is on the application form, and a section where they initial they recieved my proof of ID, not actually signing the agreement.

It also has - we will tell you your credit limit when you first revieve your card.

My question is can an application for a credit card, be used as a enforcable CCA??

Can a Credit Card Application containing Key Financial Information (interest rates etc, loss and theft of card and genral information about missing payments and default charges be said to be an Consumer Credit Agreement. It also says 'once you have signed this agreement, you will have a short time to cancel it. We will send you the exact details of how and when you can do this.'

There is no credit amount or credit limit. At the end it below my signature it says By signing this you authorise us when considering YOUR APPLICATION to gain additional relevant information, credit references, electoral role etc

My signature is on the application form, and a section where they initial they recieved my proof of ID, not actually signing the agreement.

It also has - we will tell you your credit limit when you first revieve your card.

My question is can an application for a credit card, be used as a enforcable CCA??

sorry to be rude but would you be so kind as to start your own thread regarding your issues as my thread is already complicated enough without other peoples issues being added. it would probably pay you to post a scan of the cca ( on your own thread of course ).

thanks

Edited by hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

Please can you post a larger scan of the form as it's rather small.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, have a close look at these links which may help you decide on the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

1273, the document is still a bit blurry. Have a look at the link given by supasnooper and see if all the prescribed terms are in your document. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi 1273,

I've merged 3 threads so your case is now in the Barclaycard forum as BC run Monument a/c's now. Please only use one thread per topic so your questions and replies stay in the one place. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)