• Tweets

• Why don't you actually READ the sellers advert before talking tosh. The seller's advert offers an optional  12 months breakdown warranty cover,  warranties generally do not cover anything related to wear and tear and especially everything on an old banger will be excluded.  OP should have studied the terms of any such warranty before purchasing it, if he did purchase it.     Also, the sellers advert at NO point states the car has NO faults. READ the sellers advert before jumping to huge conclusions. 
    • The BBC isn't a private company and it's this kind of misinformation that encourages people to avoid the license fee.
    • How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
DEBTFREEFUTURE

Studio - claiming back charges, help please *** WON ***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3530 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

i've had an account with Studio cards for about 8 years. It was opened when i was at university. My mum took it over but as it was addressed to me she was often late with payments adn so has icurred at least £400 worth of late payment charges. I don't beleive there is a valid credit agreement either but the outstanding balance is about £360 so a charges refund would clear the balance. I want to write to Studio asking for these charges to be refunded - is there a template letter for this purpose. I have already recieved a statement of charges from them.

Unfortunately as the account was opened in my name all of these late payments have been registered on my credit file. I have also noticed that they have marked 'arrangement' on my file - what does this mean?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hiya,

just follow the same template letters as the back charges and just edit the letters to suit:

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

arrangement means that there is a payment arrangement in place ( not paying the full montly payment required)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Just a quick update : i sent the letter requesting that charges be refunded and quickly recieved a response saying 'OK'!!!!! All £460 refunded just like that. Will be donating to this site and getting busy with lots more letters!

Thank youloads for your advice.

xo

Great news and well done...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thanks Ida and 42man - this could become addictive!! I'm now on a mission!

Thanks for all your help - i'm sure i'll be needing some more advice soon.

xo

DFF,

I am having the same problem with Studio, I was just wondering did you just send in a basic letter asking for them to refund all the default sums?

If so I am on it as they have been charging me for months because I am unable to pay the full amount and its getting ridiculous, pretty sure they have no signed CA from me either so if they really start they will be screwed because I just won't pay it lol

Lucy

Hi Lucy

i sent the letter as suggested by Idainfife - link near the top of this thread and adjusted it to suit. Basically the letter said the the default sums were unlawful and that i wanted a full refund - i was surprised they agreed straight away though - thought i would have a fight on my hands.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes

DFF

Hi Lucy

i sent the letter as suggested by Idainfife - link near the top of this thread and adjusted it to suit. Basically the letter said the the default sums were unlawful and that i wanted a full refund - i was surprised they agreed straight away though - thought i would have a fight on my hands.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes

DFF

I sure will let you know, I think what the charge is outrageous, I can stomach a few quid for being late but 20 a pop is absurb and because I have been late for a few months as I have been on maternity leave and have no take home pay (not been with the company long enough to qualify) its stacked up, not really that sure how much they have charged me altogether, my ask them to give up that information..

Anyway congrats on your result not often they give up it up with one letter..

Lucy

Hey

I just wanted to let you know I sent the letter to Studio about the charges and they looked at my account and have refunded me £120, ok credited it to my account but its still 120!!!

Small victory but it all helps esp with Xmas fast approaching :)

Hi hazyeyes

well done, congratulations! I was in the same position as yourself when i took maternity leave - just missed the occupational maternity pay by less than two weeks!!! I have to say i was a bit peeved when i realised.

Get writing to all of your creidt accounts - i'm now on a mission!

All the best

DFF

High just read through this which letter outa of the 10 or so templates did you send please as Studio have added **** loads on my account and I want it back ;-)

Hi Lincolnrs

i used the one which appeared when i clicked the link for bank chrages near the top of this thread. Hope this helps.

Best wishes

DFF

I pretty much did the same just adjusted it to studio, they where pretty good was shocked that they just did it on my first attempt, although they said they was doing it as a gesture of goodwill, which is normal anyway they don't like to admit anything!

LOL

Let us know how you get on, sure you will have the same success as the both of us :)

I clicked on the link and it brings uploads of templates which 1 would suit best please:)

I'll get it written tonight then ;)

And cause I'm now dissputting my account with them they have said they've passed it on to Moorcroft should I be worried lol as Studio couldn't produce a signed agreement so Moorcroft won't be able too!

Studio said they don't have to produce this agreement so if they can't produce it how can they be adding charges on all the time?

They are begining to get on my nerves lol

I sent Studio a CCA letter with a £1 postal order. In response they sent me a form filled in with my name and address but not the address I was living when I opened an account with Studio. The £1 was credited to my account. I then sent Studio an SAR and a postal order for £10.00 and also asked for details of the PPI payments. Again the £10.00 was credited to my account. Studio sent me a print out of my account from which the total of PPI payments came to £1,108.95 and default charges of £280.00. I asked Studio to refund me the PPI payments and default charges. Studio wrote back very quickly to say they have refunded the £280 charges as a goodwill gesture but didn't mention at all the PPI payments. Has anybody else had problems with PPI refunds?

Hi

sorry - i haven't had any experience with studio and ppi - i'm definitely not an expert on any of this as i'm acting on the advice of the experienced members on here but i would suggest writing another letter regarding the PPI only - sometimes when you have more than 1 request/query in a letter they conveniently forget to act on all matters in hand. I would inform them that you have already written to them regarding this and therefore expect a speedy resolution.

Best of luck

DFF

Hi

sorry - i haven't had any experience with studio and ppi - i'm definitely not an expert on any of this as i'm acting on the advice of the experienced members on here but i would suggest writing another letter regarding the PPI only - sometimes when you have more than 1 request/query in a letter they conveniently forget to act on all matters in hand. I would inform them that you have already written to them regarding this and therefore expect a speedy resolution.

Best of luck

DFF

Thank you for your help. I have written to Studio regarding the PPI payments so will wait and see what rep;y I get back.

incase you need it scanjet

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)