Help with Acknowledgment of Service form please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask for it, but could somebody give me an overview of how the Acknowledgment of Service (N210) form is supposed to work please? I've downloaded the form from the HMCS site but my claim form makes no mention of the form or what I'm supposed to do with it. Haven't found any proper advice yet so I thought I'd ask the experts :)

My claim relates to repossession of my house, and also a money judgement being ordered against me. Issue date on my letter from the court is 4th August, date of service is 8th (according to their site) and hearing date is 1st September, and need to get the AoS off as soon as possible.

My questions are:

1. Do I just send the form in on its own or do I need to send any other paperwork?

2. Can I do this online? I've got a login but couldn't see anything about it on the site (possessionclaim.gov.uk).

3. If I send the form in, will this mean that the hearing date is automatically rescheduled or does everyone have to agree to it first?

Any other advice would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by transparentspoon
More info

Hi there, you don't use an AOS form in repossession claims. Within the pack you have received from the court advising of the date of the hearing, there should be an N11M defence form - that is what you complete and return to the court - it is your defence.

If you need help with the form let me know - Q.27 of the form is the most important part, it's your defence statement, I can help you write it if you need me to.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

Thanks for that. I don't want to take up your time unnecessarily but would it be alright if I sent you over what I've done (when I've done it) just for a second opinion?

Re: your comments about the AoS, I'm a bit confused - I spoke briefly with a solicitor's secretary on Friday and they said to get the Acknowledgment of Service form in right away, so that it would give me more time to defend the claim. There seem to be two forms on the HMCS site: N210 (which looks relevant) and N210A (which doesn't). I realise that going on the word of a solicitor's secretary doesn't count for much but as what you're saying makes sense I won't argue with you!

It seems a bit unfair that you can get additional time to defend some claims but not others though - I would have thought repossession warranted that facility.

What happens if I don't get the defence back within the 14 days? Is it better to not be too specific in the defence statement and wait until I have all the information to hand. My problem is that my meeting with the solicitor is not until the week after next (I've got a free consultation but that was the earliest they could offer, and CAB have been useless) and I don't want to look stupid by putting in irrelevant information or saying something that works against me :) Also, I have to get a valuation carried out and that won't have happened within the 14 days.

Thank you!

You only need to send in the N11M defence form - I don't know why they would tell you to send in an AOS :confused: you would only do that if you received an N1 claim for a debt.

Have you written a statement for Q.27 of the form? is that what you want to send me? I'm happy to look at what you have:)

Do not put your defence in on line - they have been known to go astray. If you can't hand deliver then send it to the court by recorded delivery.

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

Yes, I was going to send over the written statement that goes with Q27 but I haven't written it yet (I promise I'm not being lazy) :p Having a few problems trying to get JSA at the moment as they don't like to give it to unemployed self-employed people it seems. Nevertheless, I still have to fill in all their forms and go to their little meetings. They also messed up my application for council tax benefit so that's got to be restarted.

Ho hum, anyway - thank you for your support, I'll try and get the defence statement wrapped up tomorrow evening and if you have a moment I'd be grateful if you could take a look please.

Thanks again :)

Hi, if you have a look at some of the other threads in the repossession forum you will see some defence statements which will give you an idea of how to structure it. i.e. post 18 on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/210006-repossession-hearing-next-month.html

If you want me to draft it for you I'm happy to do so.

Send in the N11M as soon as you can - you can always take an up to date statement to court with you to give to the judge.

Ell

Send in the N11M as soon as you can - you can always take an up to date statement to court with you to give to the judge.

That sounds like a good plan ("oh, so there is a plan?" one might wonder).

Thanks for the link - will read through this properly to avoid any more stupid questions. It's very kind of you and the others to give up your time answering the same questions over and over again...