You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3953 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Everyone

Hopefully someone can help me here!

We moved into this house last December to both Electricity and Gas supplied by NPower. We happily had Scottish Power before but since NPower supplied here we decided to stay with them.

I set up monthly payments of £100 for both on their duel fuel!

In January we got an estimated statement that put us in credit but to check all was ok I checked their reading against the meters and found them to be underestimating by a fair bit. I called them up to say I was concerned as going by the readings we are due them much more and I thought there was a problem. I felt the gas was using loads and we hardly had it on...actually we were scared to blooming use the thing.

I was reassured that all was fine and that it was due to higher charges in the winter and the rates go down over the summer and it would work its way out. I was told I would have no big bill and I explained that I would hope not as we are on state benefits and would never be able to meet such.

Fast forward to now, I have came back to the house this morning to a statement telling me we are £543.07 in debt and that the next payment from the bank they will be taking not £100 but £257.00!!!!

Its Sunday and I can not call them but have emailed them to get in contact ASAP

Now there is no way that I will have that kind of monthly payment by next week or even every month after that.

What are my options here? what is the best way to approach this?

I have calculated that we have been using around £33 per week on both by their actual readings. Could I then suggest a standing order for £140 every 4 weeks to cover the extra reducing the bill very slightly to ensure this debt doesnt rise or is that unacceptable or non advisable.

Really at a loss here and feel blooming cheated by their dont worry attitude then this :(

Any help would be fully appreciated :-| Thanks in advance

Ryan

If you do not have the funds in your bank account the first thing you must do is cancel the direct debit to avoid the hassle of any bank charges.

Yeah I agree

We will go along to the bank in the morning and cancel it till we resolve it. They said they were not taking it till 28th or shortly after so this give me plenty time.

I have just been doing comparisons on USwitch and based on my consumption in kWh according to my Bill and estamating up till this December which gives me the full year usage....

I can save £300 on what I am and will be using and my monthly payments would be around £120 which I can increase to, actually I can afford to go to £140. hmmmm

Yeah I agree

We will go along to the bank in the morning and cancel it till we resolve it. They said they were not taking it till 28th or shortly after so this give me plenty time.

I have just been doing comparisons on USwitch and based on my consumption in kWh according to my Bill and estamating up till this December which gives me the full year usage....

I can save £300 on what I am and will be using and my monthly payments would be around £120 which I can increase to, actually I can afford to go to £140. hmmmm

Meant to say also, I will keep the monthly payment and send them a payment by post or by debit card. Last thing I need is this to go further into the stink lol

If you bank on line you could set up a bill payment which you control - that's how my bills get paid, I pay them straight away; but no one else can help them self to my money :)

Did you check the start reading on the first bill from NPower against the reading you took when you moved in (if you did take one). Do they match up?

I would have thought that something is wrong if you have been paying £100 per month, yet are still £543.07 in debt! Especially as it has been summer for the last few months.

Another payment option is to ask for a payment card where you pay an amount into the Post Office regularly. You can then choose what amount is paid and actually pay for what you use (as long as you know what the unit price of your gas and electric is - if not, it will be on the statements). With my supplier Ebico, I can pay what I like, when I like, on the card.

I think your best bet is to pay off any monies owed to npower and switch suppliers.

I think your best bet is to pay off any monies owed to npower and switch suppliers.

TROLL:mad:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

What a mature post, PGH7447....

Correct - very immature but do I care - :D

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)