You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

royalscot

tax refunds

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3957 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would be grateful for information on how it takes the inland revenue so long to process a tax return . I have been in the starter blocks since the 23rd of may ready for my tax rebate so i can go on a holiday . Normally theres a turnover of five weeks for it to be processed , but this time its a while longer . I know if i were due the inland revenue money they would be charging me interest , can i charge them ? .I have been paying this years tax since april and think its not fair to wait this long , thanks .:-|

'Phone your local HMRC office & ask what the delay is. They're usually quite good.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

'Phone your local HMRC office & ask what the delay is. They're usually quite good.

Just phoned the tax office ( for the fifth time in 5 weeks ) no joy . The guy told me that the tax returns have not been processed for 2008/2009 and that the only tax returns that were done were the ones submitted online , well thats a lie and i told him that , my mate who has worked beside me for 12 years and used the same accountant and submitted tax returns at the same time to the same office got his rebate after seven weeks , this is a joke . I asked to speak to a line manager and after waiting 9mins was told that i would get a call back within 48 hours from the guy who deals with complaints .....he couldnt even tell me when they were getting processed and why they hadnt been done in the first place , i should have asked him wot his job was because he was so unhelpful, perhaps he didnt have a clue , or perhaps they need the money for ministers expenses . Its so frustrating talking to faceless people , if i bought something then i didnt like it i could take it back and get my money back as long as i have my reciept , but dealing with people who dont understand wot theyre doing is a different matter in other words our government tax office are not up to scratch ....Who is answerable ?? sorry for going on but i feel so helpless :|:confused:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks cerb , i think i`ll just wait for this manager to fone me then i can decide what best to do ...I only want to know why its taking so long , simple question , is it because theres no staff ? or because everyones on holiday or maybe because doing the online tax refunds are quicker than using there brains , regards:-x:|

Well he didnt phone so i phoned him and to be quite honest im no further forward , loads of sympathy but no excuse or reason as to why i havnt been paid my tax rebate :rolleyes: I know for a fact that had i incurred a bill for the tax year in question and i hadnt paid the inland revenue for the said year they would be after me like ashot threatening this and that and the tower of bloody london .........SO is it possible for me ....to take them to the small claims court .....Send the sheriff officers round to to take note of any assets for sale ....Who am i kidding , i am me and he is BIG BROTHER .....MAKES ME SICK

Hi all, sorry for the hijack but I'm on mobile web & it won't let me start a new thread. I have been fined for not filling out a self assessment & I need to know how to fight it. I've looked at gov website & I don't come under list of who has to do one. Someone came round & I agreed to a D/D, mainly because I knew I could cancel it but all the relevant paperwork needed to do so was sent to a different address. I'm getting charged interest by the day so will never pay it off. Can anyone please help?