You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Hectorbear

data protection DVLA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My father got a parking ticket from XL on 4/8/09.....usual criteria 7/14 days to pay or appeal etc. He got a demand for £100 after only 6 days. Surely DVLA have no right to divulge any information to this company, nor should this company have any legal right to request information after only 6 days...That was, I assume, XLs response to an appeal!! {another thread I realise] Any comments /advice would be appreciated

The DVLA get away with circumventing the data protection by having a clause in their rules saying they can provide info to anyone appearing to have "reasonable cause". Which basically means they can sell your data to any Tom Dick or Harry that thy feel like!

The DVLA's position is quite clear, and the circumstances to which they will release your information is available on their website. This has been unchanged where anyone who has 'reasonable' cause can obtain your details.

On the substantive issue, if it is a private parking invoice, the usual response is not to enter into any correspondence unless you feel they are due the money as charged.