Parking Fine from Council run car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

A friend has had a ticket today for overstaying her time by 45 mins in our local council run car park. Am I right in thinking this has to be paid as it is official?

Just checking as I only recently read the Parking forum and could have kicked myself as I actually paid a ticket from whoever runs Asda car parks a couple of months ago! If I'd have read this forum sooner I would have known better.

At least my friend posting about her ticket on facebook has given me the opportunity to warn everyone else about it!

Council PCNs are most definately "official" and cannot just be ignored. Is your friends case "clear-cut" in that she paid for a length of time and overstayed by the (quite distinct) time you state above?

If so there will be little room for avoiding it. There may be something wrong with the PCN that was issued so you could post a copy up here for it to be checked and/or you could check that the TRO for the car park is fully in order.

The most likely outcome though is that if everything looks in order, then it is best to pay it within any discount period they offer.

Thanks anyway.

At least both she and I have learned from the site not to automatically pay before querying in future. We've both paid Asda fines in the past but know better now and will spread the word.