Primark Oxford Street - Notice of Intended Civil Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. My nanny had a situation in Primark yesterday and ended up at the Police Station. She claims someone else was shoplifting and she somehow got the blame. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and sincerely believe she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She is not English and not terribly streetwise.

She was given a fixed penalty notice from the police £80. The offense recorded is shoplifting to value of £92.

She was also given a badly photocopied and standard "Notice of intended civil recovery" letter.

I just want this go away (especially before my husband finds out and sacks her) - I will go ahead and pay the police fine but what do you think about the civil recovery? How long does it usually take for further communication to come and how aggressive is it?

I am tempted to tell them to check cctv and take my chances but i am assuming that will prolong everything.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Hi, You must be a very nice lady to be willing to pay the PND for your nanny. The problem here is that you have to admit the offence to police before they can issue a PND, the nanny should have stuck to her guns if she was indeed innocent. If this is the case, then she should contact the police and say that she was coersed into signing the PND, and wishes to retract. She would then have to go to court, but if the cctv would exonerate her, then she must submit a subject access request immediately, for the cctv footage. If she does this, she will need to give date and time for her visit to Primark, a good description of herself, including clothing worn on that day, and if possible, a recent photo of herself. She also needs to enclose a cheque/postal order for £10, this is the maximum charge allowed under the data protection act. If she does all this immediately, they will not be able to use delaying tactics in asking for more info and payment etc., and then say that the footage has been lost.

As for RLP, they will be in touch soon. They seem to send 3 demands for payment, then pass it on to a debt collection agency. None of the other posters here have been taken to court by RLP, so the decision to pay or not rests with you or your nanny. If she didn't steal, then she should not pay anything to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi inessni,

Are you able to tell us why your case is now resolved? I can't recal reading your posts so am unsure what your actual case was?

Hope you managed to reach a successful outcome - well done! It would be good to hear a positive story if you are able to post.