You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Hannibal Smith

Signing On

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

Can anyone give me some advice on signing on.Thirteen weeks ago i signed off due to being forced on to New Deal and wasn't prepared to sit around drinking coffee with a bunch of junkies for 30 hours a week.I never actually started it.I found a job but that fell through at the last minute so i didn't start employment either.I have been looking for a job but haven't had any luck.The last 13 weeks i have been living off what little savings I luckily had(or i would have been in the s**t).Problem is now i have absolutely nothing left and want to sign on again.My question is can i sign on again now as a fresh claim and not have to worry about them sticking me back on that New Deal rubbish?I have read some things saying it's 13 weeks and others saying 6 months so i'm confused.Also wondering about whether i would have had to have been employed for any of that time to be eligible.Cheers!

This is not really my area.... but as no-one's responded to you yet, I though I would.

The problem with "signing on" is that you're expected to do what DWP tell you in order to meet the criteria for Benefit payments....and that means taking part in New Deal or any other time-wasting rubbish they decide to send you on.

I've known several people faced with this kind of situation, but if you have no money.... you really do need to get yourself back down there.

6 months rings a bell to start a new claim but not 100% sure .... I looked at it in case I got a temp job.