Quick Decision Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope I am in the right forum.

Have I been had by these cretins? I applied for a loan through Experian "Lower you bills" hit the button and got a call from QDL went through details was told "congratulations" you have been accepted for a loan of £XXXX for 24 months at £XXX per month and was only told at the end after giving bank details that there was a fee of £69.95 at which point I declined their offer and thought that was the end of it! Huh! No chance! On Thursday I received a PROPOSAL AGREEMENT FOR PERSONAL LOAN form through the post from QDL. They wanted me to sign it and enclose a cheque for the £69.95 or fill in the credit/debit card mandate and return in the post paid envelope or call a number and do it over the phone. I called the number and told them I wasn't interested and thought that was it again. Not so! Got paid on Friday, checked account and low and behold QDL have debited my account to the tune of £69.95!!! I signed nothing and agreed to nothing. I phoned them and was put on hold for the refunds dept, and held on and hung up after 1 and a half hours. what are my chances of getting my money back?angry-smiley-030.gifangry-smiley-030.gif

Probably very little chance of getting your money back, it happened to me sometime ago and I couldn't get my money back but that was with a different company. I even tried to get it back from the bank as I had not authorised any dd/so but because I had given them my bank details that was that. You could try the I'll report you to TS/OFT etc. Even though you haven't signed anything you may be one of the lucky ones but I think you will have to get some very strong worded letters off to them.

I know you would think doing it through someone like Experian you'd be ok but of course it's just advertising to them, you could complain to Experian.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Did think it would be pretty safe through Experian, they appear to take the advertising money and then wash their hands of any wrong doing. Do they even vet these companies to see if they are ligitimate and working within guidelines?

• 2 weeks later...

All Experian want is money, don't trust them with anything, least of all your data.

Did think it would be pretty safe through Experian, they appear to take the advertising money and then wash their hands of any wrong doing. Do they even vet these companies to see if they are ligitimate and working within guidelines?

• 3 weeks later...
JOY!!!! £69.95 returned to my Account today:D:D

Hello Allswell,

I have been victim of the same [problem] for QDL, please tell me what procedure did you take to get your money refunded.

Many thanks for your help.

Cristel

Hi Cristel,

I phoned them and spoke to a guy called Tyrone and basically told them they had made a mistake in debiting my account. He was very nice about it and said they would rsend me a refund within 4 working days, it actually took about ten, but I got it. Try being nice and calm but firm, it worked for me!!

Regards Allswell

Hope this helps.

Hello Allswell,

Thanks for your swift reply. The matter is that each time I have mentiond refund, I have been transferred to a "refund department" that never picks up.

I'll try and give them another call.

Thanks again

Cristel

• 2 months later...

I have just fallen for this "[problem]" from QDL, and am VERY angry at the link coming from a "trusted website" (Experian) to a company who told me I have been accepted for a loan, and after paying £69.95 was told I have been accepted "in principle".

I have just written 3 letters and sent one email.

x1 email to BBC watchdog.

x1 letter to QDL asking for a FULL refund

x1 letter to the Office Of Fair Trading

x1 Letter to Experian

I feel that as consumers we should "all do the above and "move in large numbers" to make things happen!

Hopefully this will at least get me my money back, and raise questions about the link between these 2 organisations and hopefully this can get in fron of more and more consumers who are desperate for money and do not have spare money to waste.

Anyone got an email address/phone number for this digusting bunch of cowboys. They've called me 6 times yesterday and so far today over 12 times. Each time I hang up - having googled the number and read the horror stories I won't be talking to them. At one point they were calling every 5 minutes, and if they call again, (as I post this another call from them) I'll probably start shouting abuse at them.

Experian have a lot of explaining to do - this is where my number probably came from, and the fact my number is on the TPS list makes it more annoying.

Here you go...

01252 555 077

Good luck... reckon they are all in the same office, same people who take the deal and same peolpe in aftercare(etc.)

If thgey offer to transfer you to the refund department then you will ALMOST 100% be put in a queue thts NEVER gets answered.

Read this 1 million times in the moneysaving expertforum.

Here you go...

01252 555 077

Good luck... reckon they are all in the same office, same people who take the deal and same peolpe in aftercare(etc.)

If thgey offer to transfer you to the refund department then you will ALMOST 100% be put in a queue thts NEVER gets answered.

Read this 1 million times in the moneysaving expertforum.

Thanks for the quick reply, I won't be calling them;). Just to clarify, I've not actually spoken to them so I don't want a refund or anything like that, I just want them to stop calling me as the calls are coming every 5 minutes now. Think I'll just reject the call everytime, they'll soon get bored and pick on someone else. I found their website, its a very clever attempt at being legit but theres so many factual errors on there, makes me wonder how Experian recommend these idiots. I'll be calling Experian tomorrow as well to cancel my Credit Expert subscription, I can't be dealing with companies who hand out personal data in this manner to third parties, and I'll make sure they know about it.

Seems my sharp words to QDL worked.

Sent 3 recorded letters as mentioned above.

Got a personal phone call today, very polite from them, promise of a refund of the FULL amount, even the £5 fee they take, authorised within 24hrs and in my bank within 10 days.

Excellent news well done :)

Hows this for a massive coincidence? I called up and cancelled my Credit Expert account - they of course denied passing my details on to QDL via the "Lower My Bills" service - and would you know, the calls from QDL stopped. I did have a bit of a rant at Credit Expert about how my details ended up with QDL, so they (Credit Expert/Experian) must have told QDL to stop calling me. No smoke without fire and all that. Anyway, happy ending for all ;)

• 5 months later...

I had no probs at all. Went through the same procedure as the others, got a silly offer at 60% interest. Impoprtant bit now: I sent a very polite email thanking them for their efforts but, have to cancel my contract. As they promised, I received a refund of my charges less £5. Best fiver I ever spent. The moral: if you cant get a cheap loan over the counter at Barclays etc... Forget it!