You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gooner15

PPI reclaim from Central Trust/Debt buster loans

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon to all

I need some advice on how I should approach the next step, I will not mention any figures in respect of the loan but the PPI is more than £15,000.

Debt Buster loans arranged a loan which included a PPI policy for me back in 2006 for which was underwritten by Central Trust on behalf of FirstPlus, I lodged my complaint to FP who forwarded this to Central Trust, on the grounds for mis-selling were that I never needed the policy and was never given the option to buy a cheaper policy elsewhere, the reply came back saying they have investigated my complaint and cannot see any mis-selling by their sales person and therefore rejected after they reviewed the tapes and paperwork.

I have now listened to the telephone conversations and clearly on the first conversation a loan was agreed with no PPI as I answered the normal questions that I have life cover, redundancy and sickness cover and therefore no thanks to the expensive PPI, I then received another call from them saying because I have a small secured loan on my property I must consolidate both the secured and new loan for it to be accepted, throughout the 2nd telephone conversation the sales rep from Debt Buster loans kept saying that his insurance was the best deal available as you get the full money back after 5 years (must of said it at least 10 times)even though I made it clear I had the cover from the previous telephone conversation, he also said if I redeem the loan early I would get back all unused insurance (not true) as I paid the loan off after a year and got back a tiny fraction, also from conversation he never repeated the PPI questions that were covered in the first call where I had the cover in place already, because a bigger loan was now going to be secured on my property I believed this was compulsary that PPI had to be taken because he kept pushing it in a way that I said a reluctant OK. at no time was it mentioned I could look around for cheaper insurance.

Any help on what to do next would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gooner 15

Good afternoon to all

I need some advice on how I should approach the next step, I will not mention any figures in respect of the loan but the PPI is more than £15,000.

Debt Buster loans arranged a loan which included a PPI policy for me back in 2006 for which was underwritten by Central Trust on behalf of FirstPlus, I lodged my complaint to FP who forwarded this to Central Trust, on the grounds for mis-selling were that I never needed the policy and was never given the option to buy a cheaper policy elsewhere, the reply came back saying they have investigated my complaint and cannot see any mis-selling by their sales person and therefore rejected after they reviewed the tapes and paperwork.

I have now listened to the telephone conversations and clearly on the first conversation a loan was agreed with no PPI as I answered the normal questions that I have life cover, redundancy and sickness cover and therefore no thanks to the expensive PPI, I then received another call from them saying because I have a small secured loan on my property I must consolidate both the secured and new loan for it to be accepted, throughout the 2nd telephone conversation the sales rep from Debt Buster loans kept saying that his insurance was the best deal available as you get the full money back after 5 years (must of said it at least 10 times)even though I made it clear I had the cover from the previous telephone conversation, he also said if I redeem the loan early I would get back all unused insurance (not true) as I paid the loan off after a year and got back a tiny fraction, also from conversation he never repeated the PPI questions that were covered in the first call where I had the cover in place already, because a bigger loan was now going to be secured on my property I believed this was compulsary that PPI had to be taken because he kept pushing it in a way that I said a reluctant OK. at no time was it mentioned I could look around for cheaper insurance.

Any help on what to do next would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gooner 15

Another mis-selling of PPI. Please read the stickies at the top of the forum. These give all the mis-selling ploys and how you can reclaim. It will be a long haul no quick fix for this and the bank will dig in and keep you waiting as is the current ploy from all banks facing reclaiming PPI refunds.

All new posters this is **important**

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

Full SAR for ppi

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

Homework first

then plan your way forward

then claim your money back

Long haul but worth the effort IMO

FOS upholding 90% of complaints should make you smile:D

PPI has been a massive ripoff and has now been seen for what it is by the Competition Commissioners Office

Final result of the Competition Commission inquiry

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/2009/542ppi.htm

and this is the latest response from the financial institutions..

ANOTHER GREAT LINK RE THE COMPETITION COMMISSIONER AND THE RESPONSES BY THE BANKS - Link Courtesy Pompeyfaith

Competition Commission - Inquiry - Payment Protection Insurance (PPI)

Hope you find this of use. Take up the fight and keep on with the fight.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks aa,