Northern Rock/Eversheds CCA.

tom a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable

it looks ok to me

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...

I owe £3300 to Northern Rock/Eversheds.

I'm paying them £65 a month.

Out of the blue I got a call from Eversheds offering me 40% discount to settle the debt.

I can't afford this but what would be a realistic figure to offer them?

Thanks in advance.

Out of the blue I got a call from Eversheds offering me 40% discount to settle the debt.

I can't afford this but what would be a realistic figure to offer them?

Seriously! No more than 10-15%..

The reason why they have offered you a reduced settlement figure is because they either have no legal right to pursue you for the debt ie, they have no paperwork.

And because they will have only have paid at most 10 pence in the pound for it, some only pay 6p in the pound, they buy debts in bulk, so spend say a grand for 100 or so debts, I'm not 100% certain but I think Eversheds are Sols, and are regulated by the Law society?

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Been paying these £65 a month but had to ring them on Monday to say this months payment will be a week late. They were very pleasant on the phone and today I received a letter from Fairfax Solicitors enclosing a financial questionnaire (quote) " which must be completed and returned to this office in order that we may consider your circumstances and avoid further action to recover the debt".

They also ask for 2 months wage slips.

"Returning the requested documents and your payment by 15th December 2009 is of paramount importance as repayment offers CANNOT be accepted without substantiated proof."

Do I need to send this information to them?

Thanks in advance.

NO! The only person who is required to see that Info is a Judge.

£65 a month is a lot! Are you comfortable with that?

Send them the I&E forms back empty, and enclose a letter stating that if they wish to see your I&E then to proceed with a court hearing where you will gladly supply the judge with the information showing that you cannot pay any more than you are already paying.

Their greed knows no bounds, I know that others may disagree, but IMHO if you are paying them 'anything' then they should be bloody thankful!

I say don't send them the information, they have no legal rights to it, it is not in any contract you have with them, inferred or otherwise.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Funny you should say that. They ask for those details as well. :)

:eek: There is no stopping the rot is there!

Why they are of the opinion that they are entitled to this information is beyond me, they require as little information as you can give them, as long as they are receiving money then that is all they need, greedy greedy incompetent inept fools!

Seriously! No more than 10-15%..

The reason why they have offered you a reduced settlement figure is because they either have no legal right to pursue you for the debt ie, they have no paperwork.

And because they will have only have paid at most 10 pence in the pound for it, some only pay 6p in the pound, they buy debts in bulk, so spend say a grand for 100 or so debts, I'm not 100% certain but I think Eversheds are Sols, and are regulated by the Law society?

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

i cant see anything in the thread that indicates that eversheds have bought the debt- they may be acting for northern rock.