Daughter v's Barclaycard - charges WON!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My Daughter received a letter from Barclaycard this morning regarding her late/missed payment charges ::-D

31/7/09 - Sent letter claiming charges

15/8/09 - Received letter offering all charges claimed

BUT

They say as a gesture of goodwill and without any admision of liability they are prepared to CREDIT her account with the £969.00 charges and pay this into her acount and it will reflect on her next statement.

However the statement/account only has a balance of £497.00 so can anybody advise me what happens to the balance of the monies they owe her. As this account is no longer up and running due to Barclaycard cancelling it. And she has been paying them throught a Payment Management Company for several months now.

1. Do they credit them to this account.

2. Can she request a cheque for the balance.(If this is the case a nice donation shall be coming CAG way for all the good help their caggers have given us).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. They effectively will have that debt paid off.

2. I would expect her to receive a cheque for the difference.

• Haha 1

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

i would expect them to send a cheque but the 'this will reflect on your next stement' would worry me a little.

maybe a quick letter back thanking them and statin that you would expect a cheque for the 'credit balance' with 7 days

ida x

Edited by IdaInFife
i have not been drinking yet! honest

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida & yourbank

Thanks Ida..a wee letter on its way. However good news for our Daughter who has needed a wee bit of good luck. Cant believe how easlily they have given in as my OH has tried for charges recently which is not even 3/4 of this amount and they have said NO...hopefully FOS can help her.

Ta

SW

• 1 month later...

Wow! Congratulations on the success! This post fills me with hope. I have just (ten days ago) sent off my first letter to Barclaycard requesting all charges plus interest be repaid. I had imagined I might be in for a long and messy fight but maybe they'll cave in quickly. Fingers crossed! It's roughly the same amount as your daughter's claim so here's hoping...

Hi sharkfin

My Daughters claim was a great success they crumbled really easily although my wife had a more hassel from them however she didn't give in and took it to the FOS and low and behold she has just received a letter saying Barclaycard will pay up so 2 successes even although my wife will not get any money back it means her account will be more or less clear and them of her back.

SO if they refuse at first don't give up as that is what my wife was going to do thought it was a waste of time....how wrong was she.,get a claim away to FOS ASAPif they refuse it only took 6 weeks for my wife to get a result.

Good luck and keep us posted, were all routing for you.

Bye for now

SW