Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Rent arrears paid off but still being hassled.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I hope this is in the right section, and please excuse me if it isn't.


My friend has a rented property via her council. Unfortunately, she got into arrears and was taken to court. She did not receive any letter before action or a defence form, and was told by her housing officer that an order had been made to outright possession of the property.


She has since applied to have this order set aside, so she can pay off the arrears, and she is due in court on 26 August.


In the meantime, she has now paid off all the arrears claimed by the council and is actually ahead in her payments.


However, her housing officer is hassling her with phone calls, wanting to know why she hasn't vacated the property yet. An eviction order wasn't made, so I've advised her that the housing officer should not be doing this. I also feel that she should not be doing this when an application to set aside/vary the order has been made to the court.


Also, since all monies have now been paid, surely the housing officer should be leaving her alone. Can somebody clarify this for me please?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if there was no eviction order made and your friend has paid off all the arrears then i would suggest this is harassment.

Ideally your friend should record the calls made to her by the housing officer (some mobile phones can record calls)!

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D


<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kezzakins

Can your friend not get Housing benefit or Council Tax benefit?

If there was no eviction notice then your housing officer needs to be reported to their boss usually Director of Housing or a stage higher - the Chief Executive.

Even the local MP would be inerested - especially nowadays.

It may simply be that there computer system is given out the wrong information - has been known to happen - did in my case!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Council usually applies for a possession order which is "Suspended" or "stayed" if there is a possibility that within a reasonable period of time you will be able to repay the amounts due or put right any breach of your agreement with the Council. This usually involves a court making a possession order, but that order is not enforced unless you fail to pay what is owed.


See; http://www.kettering.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=323&pageNumber=3

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts


Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.


Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit



17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...