Barclays Additions Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Am aware of the CCA and SAR routines regarding Credit Cards but I also have an overdraft and Barclay loan with Barclays which is in trouble and am not sure if the same rules apply.

I sent a Credit Agreement request letter to Barclays re the Additions account I have - which has an overdraft on it - and my B/loan.

They havent responded to anything regarding the Additions account. They merely continue to send 'red' letters and ignore my correspondence completely. Now they are calling - regularly.

As far as the b/loan is concerned they responded with a printed copy agreement -I took the loan out in March 08 over the phone so there was nothing signed. I am alittle aggrieved at the selling of this loan to me - I was clearly in trouble even then but they offered it to me when I asked for an increase in my overdraft. They wouldnt give me an extra 1k on my o/d but they offered me a 4k loan instead.

I digress.

I have also sent an SAR to them for both but dont have great expectations, frankly.

So - questions are:

1) Are bank accounts covered by the same rules as CCA's? Did I do the right thing?- are my accounts now in dispute in the same way as a credit card?

2) Do I follow the 'Dispute' route now???

or is it all something different completely?

Getting there, slowly....

Minx

bank accounts are not covered by cca.

you can contimue down the reclaim charges route

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

ok - I understand that CCA doesnt apply - I am aware of that - but surely there should be some written, signed agreement wrt my repaying an overdraft - and a barclay loan?

After all - the b'loan side responded with an unsigned print out of t'c and c's.

Also - are they not obliged to respond to my SAR? Or at least return the bloody money?

Will surely go down the charges route asap.

Thanks

minx

no signed agreement, would just be added to terms and conditons of the bank account.

yes they have to respond to your sar, when did they receive it?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Ah yes - that makes sense.

I am peeved with them mightily because I contacted THEM in January advising them of my difficulty. Since then, with the exception of noting my new address, they have chosen to ignore the content of EVERY letter I have sent them since (8 or more).

They have simply sent me their bog standard demand letters, statements etc, refused to freeze my account in terms of charges and interest, and now are hounding me daily by phone! All the time they those bloody OFT letters telling me 'Dont ignore the problem' and 'Contact the organisation you owe money to'.... aaaarrrrggghhh. Wheres the bit that tells THEM not to ignore US???

Sorry, its just driven me up the wall!

So - SAR sent on 9th and delivered on 13th July. So times up next monday by my reckoning.

Cheers for any help!

Minx