DCA letter not for me

spike79

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I keep getting DCA letters sent to me for people who do not live at my address. They are also not addressed to the previous occupier and some random eastern european names have appeared on a few also. After putting the first few back in the post with the standard "not at this address return to sender" on them they still kept coming through, so even though not technically legal I opened them to see what they were and everyone of them is a DCA company.

Now I think I'm correct that they are in breach of the DPA for not updating details for these individuals from the letters I returned to them but I am getting concerned and don't want my address to be affected by the problems of others...

Is there anything further I can do to stop this and make sure these people do not affect any information credit reference agencies will hold about my address?

Thanks in advance folks...

your address will not be affected,it goes by name.

just keep doing what your doing, the post office has nice big labels that they can put on them for you.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)