You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3914 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

To comply with a SAR, do they have to send you copies of previous letters sent?

I have received a bundle from Halifax Card services, but its a pile of screen shots and my statements. No Default notice (although I already have that) no Termination Notice and no CCA (although rather conveniently for me, on one of the screen shots it does note that I have requested it and they cant find it:D)

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

They are supposed to provide copies of everything the hold about you, electronically, digitally and on paper. You can write back demanding the missing items & they either have to provide them or admit they don't have them.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Would they have to keep the letters though, or just records of them being sent?

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hi,

I SAR'ed Northern Rock and received sheds loads of stuff including letters from about 20 years ago :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They are supposed to keep copies of everything but in reality they don't, particularly template letters such as DNs. Which can be useful if you need to bring them to 'strict proof', but saying that with them being templates there's nothing to stop them generating another. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I love SAR's - screenshot I got from Northern Rock was very helpful to me!

They didn't charge me the £10 and I got loads of stuff within 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed for the full amount of my PPI reclaim...

Does anyone know what DESC means?

On a screen shot from may 09, (which was just after they terminated my account) there are 3 entries, each with a different reference number with *****NO DESC FOUND***** and a sum -£xxx

The total of the 3 amounts adds up to the total amount of the account, but they are all - figures.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Think it means description - meaning description of transaction.

But according to this page, the debt has been wiped.

The three amounts are minus figures (the same as when a payment is made) and they add up to the total amount of the debt.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

don't know - did you say they'd closed the account? maybe they transferred it to a different place when they did that and that's what it means.

You are supposed to get a key of what all their terms mean when you get the SAR so you can understand it. Did you get that?

I got one, but its irrelevant.. none of the abbreviations listed appear in the info, and none of the abbreviations in the info appears in the list.

I have written them a letter anyway telling them that there is information missing, and that the DPA states that information must be intelligible (which it isnt). I've given them 7 days to respond.

Its going to be very interesting to see if the default notice has been deliberately omitted because of the error (the remedy date is before the date of the letter), and if so if they try to cover it up and print off a new one.

The dont know yet that I still have the original.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Good luck! Its great when you still have originals.

On my SAR from Northern Rock one screenshot said "letter received from customer to cancel PPI - passed to sales to deal" That was in 2005 - about six months after I'd taken the loan out. Sales rang me and told me I couldn't cancel without taking another loan out but they don't seem to have a record of that.

I hadn't kept a copy of the letter but they kindly made the note which I'm sure will be very helpful to me.

Does anyone know what DESC means?

On a screen shot from may 09, (which was just after they terminated my account) there are 3 entries, each with a different reference number with *****NO DESC FOUND***** and a sum -£xxx

The total of the 3 amounts adds up to the total amount of the account, but they are all - figures.

Hi Natalie,

I have the same thing on mine,four minus figures adding up exactly to outstanding balance ***NO DESC FOUND*** Would be interesting to find out what it could mean.