You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Etch

Motor Insurance - Statement of Fact incorrect

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, new to the forum and looking for some advise. I took out my car insurance back in Feb 09 and am in the process of making a claim for some damage i did to the car ( no-one else involved and on private property)

I was reviewing my insurance policy for details of the excess etc and have noticed that on the statement of fact, my insurance broker has listed my car as a 1396cc but my car is a 1984cc. Im going to call my broker on monday to sort this out, but i worried that as i had the policy for 6 months that the insurance co might void the policy and i could be charged with no insurance.

Can anyone give me any advice.

they will just charge you an additional premiun if applicable from the inception date for changing the engine size,you should then take this up with your broker as you give them all the details and you took out that insurance based on that so this was partly their error. Although they may come back with the old "your policy does ask you check that all the information is correct etc"

Did you check the policy when you recived it from the insurance company ? it does state that all infomation should be checked upon recieving, the engine size will matter as the costs will be higher, and it might out weigh any claim you intend putting in, did you keep a copy of your quote ? lets to say i bought insurance, didnt add say 3 points i had, had a crash made a claim, insurer says why you not tell us about ur points, oh i informed my broker, have you proof of this, no i havn't, false information makes insurance invalid, and me not insured, whos to blame ? Insurance company or broker, or myself ?

You can blame any1 but all will say you should have checked paperwork and highlighted any thing not correct within certain time period, not 6 mths down line when making claim from insurers. Mistake on your part that might end up exspensive.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Thanks for your replies. I'm actually considering paying for the damage to be repaired myself rather than claiming on my insurance, so the claim isn'y my biggest concern.

I did ask for a quote based on a 2 litre car and accepted that, but i failed to check the documents correctly when they send me the paperwork. It was only checking my excess that i realised the error. It was totally an oversight and i in no way was trying to get away with false information. I'm usually so careful at checking these things, just forgot this time round.

I'm gonna call my broker tomorrow morning and hope that it'll just be a case of paying an additional premium. And i'll not bother making a claim to get ma car fixed. Just want to be insured for my car and not end up with a void policy because i didn't check the documents. The certificate of insurance does state the engine size.

Just have to see what happens when I call the broker tomorow.

Thanks for your replies. I'm actually considering paying for the damage to be repaired myself rather than claiming on my insurance, so the claim isn'y my biggest concern.

You are still contractually obliged to inform your insurer, even if you are not claiming.