Barclaycard statement states zero balance, Credit solutions say I'm paying £50 p/m and I'm not nor have I paid anything!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody!

I have previously enjoyed the wealth of knowledge available on CAG, but now I'm totally confused!!!! :confused:

OK, I sent an SAR to Barclaycard to which they responded with all my previous statements. However there were no more statements after March 2009.

The Feb 2009 shows some really bizarre figures and equates to a whole load of credits effectively writing off the balance!???

The March 2009 statement shows a zero balance and there are no further statements.

Just to add even more bizarreness to the pot; I have recently being getting telephone calls from Credit solutions asking me to pay off the balance in full as the £50 p/m I have been paying is not sufficient.

Funny thing is....I have not been paying £50p/m nor have I paid anything to anyone!!! I certainly did not pay off the account in full as the account is still in dispute due to no CCA!

I have tried to call Barclaycard but can't get through.

Any ideas would be very muchly appreciated just to shed some light on this mystery :)

not a mystery,

barclaycard would zero it to pass on to dca, dca sends confusing letter to get you to call to query it.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

wow thanks for the prompt reply!!

Credit solutions say they haven't bought the debt though they are just collecting on behalf of Barclaycard.

I didn't get a letter from CSL I just answered the phone all prepared to say no CCA no payments etc!!

Apparently I've already paid £300 and they are receiving the £50 on the 9th of each month by standing order?

So ignore them. Either way, it's not your problem if they can't even keep their books in order, is it?

Either they are getting £50 from somewhere and that will have to do them whether they like it or not, or they're not, but since you don't owe them anything anyway, you don't need to reply to them. Ida is quite right that B/C must have flogged them the debt and written you off, so there it is.

I'd send the "I don't owe you jack" letter to them and ignore them hereonafter. :razz:

It could well be that some other debtor has set up a standing order and mistakenly entered your ref no:.

I asked them that and they said they've given my b'card number too! Their answer is that someone in my household is doing the honourable thing and paying it for me! So I say; "well my children are 4 and 6 and I find it highly unlikely that it's one of them!" ha ha!:D

So ignore them. Either way, it's not your problem if they can't even keep their books in order, is it?

Either they are getting £50 from somewhere and that will have to do them whether they like it or not, or they're not, but since you don't owe them anything anyway, you don't need to reply to them. Ida is quite right that B/C must have flogged them the debt and written you off, so there it is.

I'd send the "I don't owe you jack" letter to them and ignore them hereonafter. :razz:

The thing is I want to claim back my charges but I've heard alot on here about b/card forwarding them to the dca. So if the account is closed and I don't have a NOA then I was hoping for a cheque???

Also, according to CSL, if b/card really do have a zero balance from Feb then they'll have to refund me the £300 I've apparently already paid!! CSL "do not purchase this sort of debt"!!!

sorry to be dumb but could anyone translate the abbreviations on my last statement please????

CHGOFF DS UNPD FC (M)

CHGOFF DSFS (MANUAL)

CHGOFF PURCH FEES

CHGOFF CADV UNPD FIN CH

CHGOFF PRCH UNPD FIN CH

CHGOFF CADV PRIN BAL M

CHGOFF PRCH PRIN BAL M

They all had figures next to them which totalled the balance??

Many thanks in advance x

sorry to be dumb but could anyone translate the abbreviations on my last statement please????

CHGOFF DS UNPD FC (M)

CHGOFF DSFS (MANUAL)

CHGOFF PURCH FEES

CHGOFF CADV UNPD FIN CH

CHGOFF PRCH UNPD FIN CH

CHGOFF CADV PRIN BAL M

CHGOFF PRCH PRIN BAL M

They all had figures next to them which totalled the balance??

Many thanks in advance x

A charge off is a mark on the balance sheet that the amount has been written off as a loss on the balance sheet. I believe it means they have written off the full amount and will either sell or instruct a DCA to recover the money, this is then offset against the charge off amount.

Think thats correct but others will know for certain... suspect its due to

the different parts of your repayments servicing different aspects of the debt that they have recorded the separate amounts.

S.