Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

This morning I've recieved a letter from my OR in the bankruptcy that I was discharged from in March.


He has requested I complete income and expenditure and return it to him so that he can assess whether or not to set up an Income Payments Agreement.


I've done it, and I find I have a surplus (mainly because their income and expenditure sheets miss out things that you and I know are absolutely imperative but they don't give a toss about).


Now, the only reason I have a surplus is because I am in reciept of Working Tax Credits and Disability Living Allowance. Am I correct in saying that he cannot levvy a charge on these and as such isn't entitled to the surplus?


Should I remind the OR of this drawing his attenution to the Social Security Act 1992 and Tax Credits Act 2002?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi izools, the reason they can have an IPA is because they assign the household expenditure to the income from benefits so that if you are paying an ipa the money for the IPA comes from the earned income not the benefits.


However having said that if the IPA has not been first setup prior to discharge it can not be set up after discharge

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...