EON energy bill for £558 which is being collected by SRJ .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding EON energy bill for £558 which is being collected by SRJ through the CCCS. I'm paying £15 a month to SRJ.

I'm thinking of making an offer to settle this account but have no idea what a reasonable offer would be.

Can anyone give me an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Me too? I have never heard of an energy supplier selling the debt on to a DCA???

It is normaly dealt with by means of a pre-payment meter, but then again I guess if you move out of the area then they could feasably sell the debt on to a DCA..

However have a look at this on F&F offers;

The Law – ‘Full and final settlement’ - Voltimum UK - Electrical Installation Products and Contracting

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That explains it then, thank you.

Have you asked the DCA to provide proof that they are able to legally collect the debt?

Some DCA's will have paid as little as 6P in the £ for a debt, so bear that in mind if you offer them a F&F settlement, and ensure that you have it in writing before sending them any money!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have you asked the DCA to provide proof that they are able to legally collect the debt?

Not spoke or written to them. Just been paying them through CCCS.

Is there a template letter on the forum to send?

I'm rubbish at writing letters.

Thanks.

if the DCA are collecting only, then no, you can't sadly unless E-ON agree, to ans that you will need to contact E-ON themselves.

whilst on the subject are you sure £558 was the total from E-ON and not ramped up by the DCA, did you get a bill before the dca became involved?

if the dca have brought the debt then yes make an F&F but make it VERY low & ENSURE it has the line about they nor any other organisation can ever collect on it .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure what total bill was.

It was originally being collected by Capquest. Original balance was £860.

Been paying £15 a month since October 2007.

For some reason debt transferred to SRJ towards end of 2008.

urm.....

i smell a rat.

i'd be inclined to phone eon and say you are being chased by a dca for an old debt, and that you want to know hat the original ammount was you owed to e-on.

they should be able to tell you that, and they may also answer the question of was it sold to the dca or or they just collecting.

e-on should know all about it if they are getting your £15's, i bet they are not!

thats my thoughts anyhow, if its passed between dca's there is something fishy here.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Spoke to EON today and the original debt from them was £856.26.

This is the same balance that CapQuest started from.

The debt is still owned by EON and is now being collected by SRJ.

I asked EON if they would consider a F&F offer but they require the full balance of £558.92.

Puzzling thing for me is if the balance to be collected by DCA is the same as original balance and no charges have been added by DCA, how does DCA make their money?

ok so it all tallies

never mind

dx

and they