Black Horse PPI taken out before 2005

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Was looking for some advice. I am trying to reclaim PPI from a Black Horse loan that I took out in 2004. They have written back with a standard response saying that they do not agree that the PPI was mis sold. They have said because this was pre 2005 I cannot take this to the Financial Ombudsman and I just wondered what my options were to take this further?

Thanks

Hi pudsey7:)

I'm not an expert on this and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I'm aware PPI sales came under the jurisdiction of the FSA on 14/1/05. Any sales made before that date are not covered by the latest rules, but would have been covered by a previous regime of rules which means that the FOS will still be able to consider complaints regarding PPI sold before this date.

Before 14/1/05 most firms were covered by a code of practice set by one of the following 3 trade bodies -

1) The Association of British Insures (ABI)

2) The General Insurance Standards Council (GISC)

3) The Finance and Leasing Association (FLA)

All 3 of the above have codes of practice that required advisors to provide information at the time the insurance was taken out to help you decide if the policy was suitable for you.

Essentially the advisors and firms were required to cover the same points as they do according to the current rules.

The main difference between sales before and after 14/1/05 is that all sales before regulation were 'non-advised' sales as the 'advised' regime didn't come in until regulation was introduced.

Banks and building societies which are more widely regulated by the FSA are more likely to have been covered before 14/1/05.

As Black Horse is part of LTSB I would have thought they would have been covered.

We are currently in the process of reclaiming several lots of PPI from LTSB, most of which date from before 14/1/05 and all of which are currently being investigated by the FOS.

Indeed the FOS told us on the telephone that the date the PPI was taken out is irrelevant - it's the fact that it was mis-sold that counts.

Hope this helps - good luck with your claim!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi

I took out a loan in 2004, wrote off to complain miss-sell, got the usual bog standard fob letter, telling me I wasn't miss-sold and that I couldn't go to the FOS because they weren't registered until Jan 2005. I rang the FOS and they told me that they were now looking at all claims. They took my details, rang BH and told them that they had 8 weeks to give me a final response. I then wrote again, with a stronger letter, giving them my reasons why I knew I was mis-sold, and what the FOS had told me.

Got a letter back saying that they were upholding my complaint and that I would get back what I had paid with Interest on top.

I am now waiting for my money. They told me 3-4 wks.

Don't give up, write them again and I am sure you will win.

Good luck.

FUWIA

Thanks for the reponse. Since posting my message I have noticed that although my boyfriend is not a named person on the loan as the loan is in my name only they have included him as a named person on the PPI (Obviously so they could increase the premium). Can they do this if he did not sign anything and neither of us realised that he was on the PPI?

Thanks

Thanks for the reponse. Since posting my message I have noticed that although my boyfriend is not a named person on the loan as the loan is in my name only they have included him as a named person on the PPI (Obviously so they could increase the premium). Can they do this if he did not sign anything and neither of us realised that he was on the PPI?

Thanks

He may have been a named person but would there have been any benefit to him if he tried to claim? My PPI covered me and my OH as named on the policy but it would only cover me for a claim. Maybe this is another way they have boosted the cost of PPI by costing it against two people but only covering one. It would not surprise me in the least.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi,

I will need to check that out. Can they put him on there though if he hasn't signed anything on the agreement to say that he agrees to the PPI? Come to think of it there was nowhere on there for me to sign for the PPI either, but he wasn't even there when I took the loan out.

Thanks

In short no they cant, did you phone the FOS to see if they will take your complaint on ?

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.