You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The OP could call Express to see if they will withdraw the claim if she restarts her claim and just pay the court issue fee.    Then everyone is a winner! 
    • Hi Stormy   I do wish you good luck but I'd urge you not to get over-optimistic about a letter from your GP having any bearing on the outcome of this.  I do not share London1971's view that such a letter will assist you in defending the claim against you - unless you are suggesting that the diagnosis is so bad that you aren't functioning - in which case you probably ought not to be working.  Is your GP going to say that you can't be held liable for a breach of contract, but that you're perfectly OK to continue working and to make significant decisions in other areas of your life?  I don't know.   Also, I'm uncertain where the question of bullying and harassment first surfaced in this thread.  You engaged them on a NWNF basis to pursue a claim for you.  Apparently they contacted (or attempted to contact) you a lot - certainly more than you felt necessary or were comfortable with, and you ended up deciding to discontinue the case.  But were they harassing you?  Again, I simply don't know because I wasn't there - only you were.  Most people complain that they don't have enough contact from their solicitors, not that they are being harassed by being contacted too often.  [EDIT:  I also think most people would associate "harassment" with behaviour that is in some way harmful or damaging to the recipient, and not with a situation where the alleged harasser is trying to act in the other person's interest and to their benefit].    And I'm not sure where the bullying comes from?  They're suing you because they think you are in breach of contract and that you owe them the costs and expenses they've already incurred - and that they cannot now recover from the other party because you decided to discontinue the case.  I'm no particular supporter of law firms but, unlike some people, I don't have "anti-lawyer" as a default setting.  If they've genuinely incurred costs acting on your behalf and in your interests, then I think they've got a more than fair case to recover those costs.  Threatening to sue you or actually suing you isn't necessarily bullying.   I honestly think your best chance of success is questioning the level and extent of costs and expenses they claim to have incurred and try to reach a mutually acceptable settlement.   As I've said before, I'm not intending to be critical of you in any way and I'm really sorry that all this (the original accident, hassle with the lawyers and now them suing you) seems to have contributed to all the stress you have to bear.  I'm really just interested in ensuring that you can see this problem from all points of view and that you don't place too much reliance on an approach that I think has only very limited chances of success.  (But of course - as London1971 has pointed out - there's no harm in getting a GP's letter anyway AND preparing a legal defence like BankFodder is suggesting AND preparing to think about settling.  They aren't all mutually exclusive and you should keep as many irons in the fire as you can.  Use belt and braces and don't just rely on one).   Anyway.  Good luck.  I'm frequently wrong and you may win outright!
    • I would go with the following....please feel free to amend or add.   WITNESS STATEMENT OF Baycloves.pdf  
    • I think it would be prudent to stick with a realistic objective and that is the hundred and £69 which you you can apparently support by means of evidence. You originally said that you could have sold them for four times – £400 and I think this is certainly unrealistic. If you had some official evaluation of the books from an independent source then you would have stood a good chance but as the books have gone, I think your fallback is the £169
    • Hi  I don't have an issue going all the way - The only question I would have would be whether I could expect to recover the resale value or whether it would be best to concede this is unlikely. I can prove to some extent the expected resale value but not as readily as the prices originally paid. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Sony Blu-ray home cinema systems unveiled

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sony has launched an extensive range of seven Blu-ray home cinema systems ranging from simple compact speaker systems to high-end packages.

More...

Sign in to follow this