No seat belt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

2 weeks ago I received a FIXED PENALTY NOTICE for failing to wear a seat belt.

I had driven to the farm half a mile down my very quite country road to inform the farmer a couple of his sheep had escaped. On the return journey i passed our local bobby, (who i knew). He sheepishly told me why he was stopping me, and apoligised for the FIXED NOTICE and informed that they had been told to crack down on people not wearing seat belts.

With the notice he gave me another piece of paper and on it was printed:

As a result of a change in seat belt legistation the penalty rate has increased from a £30 Non Endorsable offence to £60 Non Endorsable offence.

More proof that the treasury has run out of money me thinks.

Anyway i,m out of work and i do not get any benifits (my wife has a part time job so i don,t qualify). Ihave been trying to put mony aside for the fine but i just don,t have the money.

My question is can i fill in PART 3: I wish this to be dealt with by a court?

I realise this is for people to plead not guilty but i plan to plead guilty and ask the court if i can pay in instalments.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, do you think they will throw the book at me for wasting the courts time?

I realise this is for people to plead not guilty but i plan to plead guilty and ask the court if i can pay in instalments.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, do you think they will throw the book at me for wasting the courts time?

If it is dealt with by the court you will automatically incur costs (about £35) and victims surcharge (about £15).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is dealt with by the court you will automatically incur costs (about £35) and victims surcharge (about £15).

.. as well as the original £60 fine.

As an aside, it was entirey at the bobby's discretion whether he gave you a warning or a FPN, so don't be fooled by his "reluctance" that he had to give you a FPN. Although I don't condone the fact that you weren't wearing a belt, I think I would also hold a perminant grudge about how the "local bobby" treated me and never buy him a drink in the pub again if we are both in there! :(

Hi Thank you for your responses

1. I was not fooled by his reluctance.

2. I know i would incur costs if it went to court.

I gave the circumstances of the crime because i know there are certain caggers who will judge my actions and not answer the actual question.

The fact of the matter is i can not afford to pay it in one lump sum whether i i pay £60 now or £90 if i don,t pay within 28days or £140+ if it goes to court.

As far as i know i can not phone them or go on their website and offer to pay in instalments.

I posted the question to see if anybody knew if there was a way of arranging instalments without it going to court.