Fixed Penalty Notice - Not signed by issuing officer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Received a FPN for using mobile last week; was doing 1-2mph coming up to traffic lights when I grabbed the mobile, officer on the beat collared me - had a 7 day wander to produce.

While waiting for the officer at station to type out the statement she said that the FPN had not been signed by the issuing officer or any of his details put onto the ticket.

Does this invalidate the ticket? :confused:

Cheers!

I can imagine that it does invalidate the ticket.

Using a phone while driving is dangerous at any speed. At traffic lights, all sorts of things can happen suddenly requiring immediate attention so as not to endanger pedestrians or other motorists.

You probably do have an invalid FPN but it would be a shame if you escped this on a technicality

I do realise the implications about driving whilst using a mobile. I should take the penalty, as you say, as I am always going on about other road users still using their mobiles whilst driving. Just the one time I do it and I get caught! I have a bluetooth ear piece which I had been using all day and the battery had run out - s*d's law, eh?

Thanks.

Sorry LB and anyone that uses a mobile wile driving no excuse no bluetooth no phone simple.

just think if you hit someones kid or even your own if you have any,

how would you feel then.

sorry to say this but its the truth!!!!!!!!!

mobiledri.jpg

Its a no no......

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

If everyone could stop moralising over this for a moment, I am sure LordBarrington would appreciate some information regarding his question on the validity of the FPN. He already seems well aware of his stupidity on this occasion and has duly noted it.

Ok fella atleast you have seen the error of your ways..

just i had someone kill one of my mates kids while the idiot was using a mobile....

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

I am so sorry to hear that L_I_B_R_O. :sad:

I am going to take the penalty as is.

Thought this might help others who have had an FPN for any other minor offence (such as parking) and feel they have been unjustifiably penalised.

There are other institutions that give FPN; councils, environmental agencies etc, and this may help those if they have had them unjustly given. The majority of cases of FPN are merited, but there are those that are questionable and this may help them in their case against that particular establishment.

I appreciate that you know you were wrong, but the officer has a duty

to serve legal documents correctly. It's unacceptable on the part of a

trained Police Officer to issue a Penalty Notice incorrectly, and if that

means the notice is invalid, then that's what it means and IMHO should

be challenged. Next time, "Mr Loophole Lawyer" maybe won't get someone

famous out of a Death by Dangerous Driving rap, because the officer will

have followed the correct procedure..

2p>