part warrant for ccj received for local council debt

missal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice?

I obtained a debt from the local borough councils nursery back in 2007, i though i received a ccj, but when i paid the amount requested and asked for proof to have it satisfied they advised me that they had only issued a part warrant?

My intial letter requested £350 immediately to put the account into the clear, i paid this and asked for prrof so i could satisfy the ccj on my credit file, they said the amount in full would have to be paid for them to issue me with such a letter. When filing for the ccj they filed for the whole amount but only demanded the amount in arrears to be paid immendiately.

I am totally confused, my credit file says i owe £1200 but the balance is actually something like £800 due to the amounts in part being paid previously (when they demanded)

How is a part warrant enforced and can they ask for the whole ammount as ccj when all they wanted from me was the amount in default?

I'm sorry if this is confusing it is very much confusing to me also

The other thing was that inever received the ccj papers from them.

Thanks if you got this far!

Missal

Edited by missal

Just bumping this up again as would really like some advice. wen i call the council they talk like what they say is gospel, but i don't know whethr or not what they are saying to me is right.

I don't know whether this is an issue either: They divulged information to someone that they shouldn't and when i complained they knocked some money off the account.

Thanks

Missal

if you have a ccj it will be registered at the issuing court.

phone them and ask what the ammount was.

it you have paid that...game over.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...