You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
missal

CCJ registered for college course when on benefits

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3987 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I hope i am writing in the correct place, if not then many apologies.

In 2006 I started a college course and was (and still am) on benefits,prior to commencing the course they asked to see proof of my benefots to enrol me as a free student. They got their proof and i was enrolled.

I didn't complete the course and later recieved a bill for £250 (which i could not afford to pay, I was being chsed by a debt collection agency who i advised of this. They said the would look into it, the naive me believed them.

To cut a long story short they have regesitered a ccj against me and i was wondering if there's anything i can do.

Since the ccj was registered i hae just though well there's nothing i can do now so have given in tryng to fight it, if i can remember correctly the account was in dispute when the ccj was registered (it allseemed to happen really quickly, also i do not remember getting a copy of the documents re the ccj.

Any help greatly appreciated

Missal

what was the bill for £250, who is the company that registered the ccj?

you are sre you did not recevie anything from the courts? have you move address?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi,

the debt was intially from middlesbrough college, who passed it onto a company who's name escapes me at the moment i disputed it with them, but as the ccj arrived on my credit file i thought best to pay, not knowing any better you see, until i saw these threads on here.

I was notliving at the address at the time as i rented the property out

Thanks

Amanda

if you can show that you resided at another addressa thtehtime i.e. council tax or utility bill the you apply to have the ccj set aside.

if you do not know what the £250 was for then maybe time to send a letter to the college asking for a breakdown

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

They charges me for the college course as i did not finish the year, but the reason i want to dispute it is that i had to show proof on benefits before being allowed on the course,so wheres the sense in sending me a bill.

also not receiving the documents, is it really as simple as showing that you lived elsewhere at the time of the ccj? I realise that there will be some hard work involved once i get them to set aside the ccj,but am not sure exactly what i'll have to do.

If they set it aside,but then decide after my evidence (or whatever i have to do) that he ccj will remain on m file will i get the 30 days again to pay and have removed?

thanks

Amanda

Edited by missal

there may be a clause thatif you do not complete the course you have to pay for the remainder

have you made any payments towards the ccj?

you may have to send the college a sar to see what the terms of enrollment were

ida x

Yes I have made payments but purely because i thought if i dont pay a ccj then i'd be digging a hole for myself, i'm just about to put it into a Dmp aswell.

So your advice would be to ask for the terms of enrollment using SAR is there anything else i should do?

I am going to try and ave the ccj set aside in the mean time aswell.

Thanks

Amanda

yes and should be easy for set aside on the address issue,

ida x