Lowell Advice Needed

lisdav68

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all a BIG thankyou for all your advice over the past 12 months.

I need some advice on what to do next, Background, I had an account with shop direct, made token payments received a Default Notice then today I received two letters in the same envelope one from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd telling me they had bought the debt and the other from Shop Direct - notice of assignment. Strange both letters look like they have come from Lowells printer, same printing references etc. Both letters give me different correspondence addresses for communicating and payments. Quite confusing dont know who to trust. Regarding trust I rang Shop Direct to see if they had sent me a letter. It was confirmed no letter had been sent (notice of assignment) But they confirmed that the account had been sold on the 13/7/09 yet the letter from Lowells states 31/07/09. Have Lowells committed any offence by giving the impression that the notice of assignment came from Shop Direct. Do I ask for a proper copy from Shop Direct or just pay Lowell. I have received a valid cca from Shop Direct so that is not a problem.

Thanks

It is a common tactic employed by Lowlife to send the NOA and the 'assigned to collect' letters in the same envelope, and yes it is from the same printer, you only have to look at the font/paper and letter layout to see it is lowlifes printing them off.

The CCA you say is enforceable, can you scan and post it on here so others can have a look and advise you accordingly, as for lowlifes, immediately ask them to send you a copy of their complaints procedure, then whilst your waiting for it to arrive, inform the OFT that they are still carrying out this practice (I complained last year and the OFT said they were aware and were looking into it)

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Then complain to your local trading standards through Consumer direct,

The FOS, and the ICO, and anyone else you want to have a good old whinge to that you can think of!;)

How to Complain

The more complaints about them the better, this is one DCA that is on very thin Ice!!:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
Have Lowells committed any offence by giving the impression that the notice of assignment came from Shop Direct.

Yes.

Under the Companies Act 1985 a company must state its name (as it appears in its memorandum of association) on its business stationery.

The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008 and the Companies Act 2006 set out requirements for companies to display certain information about themselves both on their stationery and their websites.

A breach amounts to a criminal offence for the company. Every officer of the company who is in default is punishable by a fine (currently £1,000). If the company continues to be in breach, there is also a daily default fine.

Companies House and local trading standards offices have the power to enforce these requirements. There are also wider reaching effects as a claim brought by a company can be dismissed by the court if the defendant to the claim shows that it has been prejudiced by the company's breach of these requirements.

For further information on how to read the Lowells Barcodes, Data Matrix etc. see link below :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/210870-lowells-fools-2.html#post2375692