You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello. So I’ve found this high-end turntable on some Dutch Gumtree equivalent. Seller seemed like a nice guy who's agreed to go through the trouble of posting it to the UK. So I’ve paid with PayPal opting for buyer’s protection. 4 days later I’ve got a phone call that the courier is at the gates to the estate. I've ran to the lift all excited. As I stood waiting for the lift I saw through the window the courier taking out the box and dropping it on its side (it has to be carried horizontally). I hoped it's not my turntable...but it was. When I came down I was upset and asked him why in the world would he drop it on its side when it clearly says ''handle with care'' and there are clear arrows on the box indicating that it has to stay horizontal. All he said was - ''sorry, you can refuse it if you want''. I've told him that I’d like to report this and asked him for a form to do it and asked what the procedure is. Their van was blocking the gate and there were other cars so I’ve asked him to park the van and he just snapped a pic of a parcel on the ground (they don't need a signature because of pandemic), jumped in the van and left... I was just standing there in disbelief. I waited a bit maybe he'll turn around and come back but he didn't, I went onto the app and all I’ve found was that parcel status has changed to 'delivered' and there was a picture of it on the ground uploaded.  Couldn't find any way to report what has happened on their app, apart from leaving a feedback for the driver. Took it home opened the box hoping the damage would be minor. so the acrylic lid (£250) is broken, the tonearm (£1310) has been broken off, the cable (£250) is ripped off, the motor speeds are off, the plinth and the deck have scratches (don't know how to evaluate that).  Phoned dpd- got no reply, went onto their chat system and was told to just send the pictures of the damage to the guy in Netherlands as he has to start the case as he was the one ordering the delivery. The seller has been really cooperative. And after hours on the phone he's got a reply asking him to send photos of the damage and the damage costs which he's done, after two weeks they have send him a form to fill, which he's done and it's been almost 2 weeks since. No reply. It's been really annoying as I’ve spend a lot of money and don't know what the situation is. I have 'PayPal buyer’s protection' but I don't want the guy who's sold it to me to be out of his pocket as it's not his fault that the courier was so incompetent. What are my options? Can I do anything on my part to speed this process up and what would my options be if dpd wouldn't agree to pay the adequate compensation? Thank you
    • What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
gwa70

DLC and cca request

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3971 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i,ve trawled through the posts but just want some clarification before i send my next letter.........its an egg loan and the query is.....

1...i sent a cca request to DLC dated 28/5/09

2..they sent back standard letter on 3/6/09.

3...they sent a photo copy of cca along with copies of statements in a letter dated 24/6/09.

4...i have received 2 letters from ARC dated 24/7/09 and trevor mullen dated 7/8/09 claiming they have been passed on the debt etc etc.......standard stuff and threat of court action within 10 days etc....

I assume i can write to DLC with a no compliance of CCA request letter telling them the debt is unenforcable??.....is this right as they have sent documents within 30 days so do they have any legal grounds to persue me ...

what of the other 2 letters....having not replied withing 12 days to my cca request what action is best is response to to mullen and arc..

many thanks in advance

Can you scan and post up the response you did receive in reply to your CCA request so others can have a look also?

Or if you are happy enough that it doesn't comply fully to your CCA request then the failure to produce the valid document letter should be sent to DLC.

You can send ARC and trevor, the bemused letter, and they should drop it like a hot potato!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

can,t scan so this is exactly what it said

thankyou for your recent letter regarding the abouve account. i can confirm and advise the following..

1..i acknowledge receipt of your payment of £1 in association with your request for documents under section 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974.

2 this account has been assigned to Hillesden Securities t/a direct legal and collections to collect on our clients behalf.

3 your request unde rthe consumer credit agreement act 1974 would normally be made directly to the client that legally owns the account in this case egg banking plc.....however we will put a request in to egg banking on your behalf for the documentation required.

4 if we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974.

should you require anything further at this point please contact me accordingly. i will update you on developments in 21days if there are no developements beforehand....

A E Locke..

that was dated 3 june 2009.....

the next letter basically says here is the copy of the original agreement and copy statements as requested.....withing the next 14 days your accoutn will be returned to our collections teamfor collection activity to resume........that was dated 24th june 2009.

just to ad..the CCA was one done online to is digitally signed...ie i ticked a box............can someone explain how this is enforcable without a signature....i thought they had to send you out a copy to get a proper signature on when they sent card etc .....

believe if it was done online that the cca may in fact be enforceable

just found this on another thread does it apply to you?

'until Dec 2004 online applications required a paper signature'd document to back them up.'

mine was nov 2007 so no luck there..........

Hi,

As The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force in December 2004 any online agreements entered into prior to this date still need a signed executed credit agreement.

Electronic signatures weren't considered valid until this date.

This is the order...........

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

so should i declare this debt non existent with DLC in light of their failure to reply within 12 days.........or does the fact they did reply withing 30 days leave them in a position to go to court....??..........need to be 100% sure of my next move or it may prove costly

Hi,

Regarding the CCA...............

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist, the debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

having read around some more can i ask if anyone has any dealing with egg cca,s and DLC........starting to wonder if this cca is genuine.....

also on page 1 CREDIT LIMIT it states - we will set and tell you the credit limit from time to time.

from what i,ve read on other threads this makes it unenforcable as the limit is not stated??........i am right?

would also point out that i have never received any official deed of assignement from egg or DLC confirming they own this debt.........are they legally required to provide this and if so withing what time limit and are they in the wrong to persue me without a DOA

could do with some advice please.............just wondered as i,ve moved house and my mail is being redirected and the cca wasn,t sent recorded delivery then would it be a good move to simply claim i,ve never received a reply as there would seem to be no way DLC could prove i,ve receieved it and i simply send them the 30 day letter and see if they back off???

They will not back off so easy. They will just send you the same again by recorded delivery. The 12 day limit is as good as dead and buried. No one was ever prosecuted for breaching it.

If DLC have produced a valid properly executed CCA then it may be time to bite the bullet and negotiate

well i,m wondering if the CCA is enforcable as it doesn,t have a credit limit stated on it.............it simply says they will advise me of my credit limit from time to time.........i,m led to believe this may make in unenforcable ...anyone offer any advice about this

The only way we would be able to state for sure would be for you to scan and post all of the received CCA paperwork, do you have a friend or friendly office that could help?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

hope this works......all 4 pages of the CCA i received

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

if anyone wants larger versions i,m happy to email to them......can private message me with address and i,ll send.

try again