work insurance...help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok this is going to be slightly long winded but bear with me.

I was stopped earlier this year by a policeman in my peugeot 206 over an insurance query and was asked to produce. The car was insured by my employer but it took alot of time to get insurance documents from them so I went to the police station and explained this and they were understanding and gave me more time (did not state how long). I had also mislaid the white skip given to me by the officer, I was reminded this was necessary as they apparently do not retain a copy themselves...which seemed very odd to me!

My car 2 weeks later was impounded and I had to pay £250 to get it released. Shortly after I was sacked from my job over a personal dispute and was offered a job abroad, I was out for 4 months until I returned last week for a visit. I come back to a court summons not only for not providing insurance documents but also not providing my licence either which is an all out lie...and low and behold along with the summons was a photocopy of the white slip I had lost and they claimed they did not have a copy of!!!

I will not be present in the UK at the time of the trial which is at the end of this month.

I managed to get the insurance document back into my possession through a friend as my ex employer will not co-operate with me.

It is AXA policy stating.

Description of vehicle: Any goods carrying vehicle owned by the policyholder or hired or loaned to them

The policyholder: *company name*

Effective date of the commencement of insurance for the purpose of the relevant law: 29/10/09 - 28/10/09

Persons or classes of person entitled to drive: Any person driving on the Policyholder's order or with his permission provided that the person driving holds a licence to drive the vehicle or h as held and is not disqualified from holding or obtaining such a licence.

Limitations as to use: Use for the policyholder's business and for social domestic and pleasure purposes EXCLUDING use for hire or reward or whilst towing a greater number of trailers in all than is permitted by law or for racing competitions (other than treasure hunts) ratllies or trials.

NOTE: I was using this vehicle which is my own, for picking up staff in the morning and transporting work documents and other materials between branches.

Does this seem fitting to everyone? this will be the second time I'm being dragged to court over vehicles and I'm also currently fighting the DVLA for a fine in which I didn't tax a car which I had sold a week prior. After this I'll be quitting driving as its not worth the constant hassle I get.

Any help on what I should do would be appreciated.

Description of vehicle: Any goods carrying vehicle owned by the policyholder or hired or loaned to them

if this was your own vehicle registered to you etc then the policy cover would not apply

You would need official paperwork confirming the vehicle was hired / loaned to them

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

never rely on employer telling that your covered under their insurance,as there is no comebacks on them when something like this happens.

Did you have any private insurance in place at the same time?