You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

yellowplum

Shop Direct Particulars of Claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3930 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent out a LBA to Shop Direct a little while ago concerning a charge I received for late payment. I recieved the reply this morning (retyped below)

Does anyone have a set of Particulars they have used against a catalogue company or do I just use the Credit Card Charges one?

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 26 July 2009 concerning the administration charge applied to your Littlewoods Account.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

My understanding is that your complaint is that you are unhappy that a £12.00 administration charge was applied to your account and that a default has been registered on your credit file.

The £12.00 administration charge was applied on the 20 June 2009 as statement 9 was issued 23 May 2009 requested a minimum payment of £7.48 and no payment was received.

It is made clear in the "Your Account" section at the back of your catalogue that a charge is applied should you fail to make the minimum payment on time.

The entry recorded on your credit file is an indicator of how you have conducted your account. The account is recorded as 'defaulted' as payments were not received in accordance with our terms and conditions of trading.

By providing your information to us for the purpose of ordering goods and opening a credit account, you have signified your consent to us processing your information. We outlined how we would use the information in our data protection policy at the time you open your account.

The policy also specified that we will share information with the credit reference agencies regarding the performance of your account. We do not believe the processing of your information is unfair and we are unable to cease such processing or sharing of your information with the credit reference agencies. The historical record of the transactions on your account is accurate and will remain on the files of the credit reference agencies.

Under the circumstances the company is unable to refund the administration charge and remove the information registered on your credit file.

If confirm this letter concludes our investigation into your complaint. I hope our explanation meets with your satisfaction. However if this is not the case you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

I'm drafting a POC for a friend to reclaim charges and remove a default incorrectly applied by Littlewoods. This is very much at the rough stage as i don't have too much time to spend on it but you are more than welcome to have a copy to edit to suit your claim once I have finished.

I'm drafting a POC for a friend to reclaim charges and remove a default incorrectly applied by Littlewoods. This is very much at the rough stage as i don't have too much time to spend on it but you are more than welcome to have a copy to edit to suit your claim once I have finished.

I still haven't drafted the particulars so I would be grateful to receive a copy of what you have already. Since all the templates here relate to Credit Cards specifically.