rosa2009, caught using Mothers Freedom pass.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Rosa

Hope u r solved with ur problem by now and relaxed, could u please let me know how did it end.

cos I was also caught using my friends student oyster card on 14th oct 2009, i am also a student and my student card was going 2 expire on the same day i was caught,

when i was caught i told i couldnt buy 1 week discount fare as my card was going to expire so i used my friends card and had applied for new student card.

i enquire with my friends they are telling its an Identity fraud and will cost 1000 pounds and alos this would be registered as an offence under my name and details.

please any 1 let me know is true?

I am worried a lot and lot, cant think of arranging 1000 pounds.

Pls any 1 let me know wat happened to u rosa

Thanks and Regards

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi moral,

I am still waiting to solve my problem. It takes a while!

Your situation is not as bad as mine as I was caught using a freedom pass!!!

Wait until you receive any correspondence from London Underground.

They will give you a chance to reply to their letter and explain what happened.

re £1000 I think you don't have to worry about this if it is your first offence. if you are not successful and you are prosecuted you will end up with a criminal record.

There are a lot of threads about this if you want to have a look.

Wait until you receive the letter, believe me there is nothing you can do until you receive it! when and if you receive the letter you can start worrying about it.

all the best,

Rosa

Hi Rosa

Many thanks for your sugesstions, now I am bit relaxed but still i cant think of 1000 with criminal record, nothing can be done now, just I am hoping and praying that everything goes fine in both of our cases. waiting for the letter, once received i will inform you

All the best to you, once again thanks a lot

Regards

Moral

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I was caught today using my mothers freedom pass.

I should not have done it and tried to explain that it was a mistake but in all honesty the inspector did not believe me and it was my mistake.

I did not admit my guilt to the inspector and I fear that is going to make this situation worse.

I am absolutley petrified of the repuccersions and am very confused as to what to do.

1. Should I wait for the summons letter (which i am 100% sure i am going to get) or should I try and get hold of someone before that in the prosecutors office?

2. If i should contact someone before hand who would that be?

If I write a grovelling apology and accept all responsibility is there any chance it will not end in a criminal conviction?

I really appreciate any advice anyone may have for me.

Thanks

I also got stopped for using my dad's freedom pass. I had my own PAYG oyster card with me but by mistake used my dad's. I admit it was my fault for not checking which card I was using. I did not look before I used it. I have written to TFL explaining I am sorry for what I have done and that I want to settle out of court ( I don't want a criminal record ). Not heard back. Can anyone advise what I should do next.

I also got stopped for using my dad's freedom pass. I had my own PAYG oyster card with me but by mistake used my dad's. I admit it was my fault for not checking which card I was using. I did not look before I used it. I have written to TFL explaining I am sorry for what I have done and that I want to settle out of court ( I don't want a criminal record ). Not heard back. Can anyone advise what I should do next.

Hi,

Can I ask what you were doing with your dads pass in the first place?

Yes, the advice you have been given so far is as good as anyone can give you. Wait for a response to your letter.

On the subject of the retained Freedom Pass & Oyster, in reporting an incident the inspector will retain all items that are considered to be evidence that is relevant to the charge being reported.

Hi,

If you read this thread from the start, that will give you some idea. Did they retain the pass of you? If your mother gave you permission to use it she may well loose it herself!

thanks sailor sam!

my mum did not know i had the card. they have retained the card- do you think she will get it back?

Do you have an address that I can write to/a number i can call to stop it going to the summons stage?

Hi moral,

I am still waiting to solve my problem. It takes a while!

Your situation is not as bad as mine as I was caught using a freedom pass!!!

Wait until you receive any correspondence from London Underground.

They will give you a chance to reply to their letter and explain what happened.

re £1000 I think you don't have to worry about this if it is your first offence. if you are not successful and you are prosecuted you will end up with a criminal record.

There are a lot of threads about this if you want to have a look.

Wait until you receive the letter, believe me there is nothing you can do until you receive it! when and if you receive the letter you can start worrying about it.

all the best,

Rosa

rosa- what happened? have you heard anything back frm tfl?

thanks sailor sam!

my mum did not know i had the card. they have retained the card- do you think she will get it back?

Do you have an address that I can write to/a number i can call to stop it going to the summons stage?

Well since you havn't mentioned any details of the train company ect, how would I know? Did you not get handed anything from the inspector with those details on? As for your mom getting her card back; this will depend on how they view her involvement. If she was completely unaware that you were using it then there is a chance she may do.

Well since you havn't mentioned any details of the train company ect, how would I know? Did you not get handed anything from the inspector with those details on? As for your mom getting her card back; this will depend on how they view her involvement. If she was completely unaware that you were using it then there is a chance she may do.

hi-

it was at hendon central tube station- and no the inspector did not hand me any information at all. She only said that I would be hearing from them via a letter. Only when I asked about the freedom pass did she say she was keeping it as evidence.

thanks a lot

• 4 months later...

Hi There,

Believe it or not I am still waiting!!! Loooong Story! I will write a final post when the story is over.

If you want to discuss this matter further send me a private message. Let me know what happened and when. I'll try to do my best to help you.

hy rosa,

did u manage to read my message ?

Hi there,

Yes, I've just replied.

Sry 4 the late reply but I have loads of emails sent to my inbox everyday and I try to answer all of them as quick as I can.

Hi there,

I just replied to your message. Yes, my inbox is always full with emails of people in the same situation. It is crazy!

Some people are really nice and appreciate my advice and my time and always come back to thank me or let me know how things are going, others just take the advice and don't even bother to thank me! thankfully, the majority is nice.

I cleared the inbox. You can try now.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks