You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
discod

Hmmm got WF CCA back

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3971 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Heya on Monday I sent the CCA letter to Welcome,today I received my pound postal order and a letter which has on it my name address etc

and looks like this

Dear......

Account Number-********

Current Arrears-********

Account Balance-********

THATS IT not even a yours sincerley,so what next for them please :rolleyes:

Nothing...The clock is ticking, you have made the request and they have 12+2 days to respond.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Nothing enforceable about this, I wish my creditors would send me such rubbish.

wait until the deadline of 12+2 days has passed and then complain

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Nothing. They have 12 + 2 working days to produce a copy of the agreement and if they don't, they can whistle for any payment. Returning the £1 doesn't absolve them from their legal responsibilities to fulfil your request.

you could try writing to them asking for clarification; i.e. something along the lines of "can i take it that this is confirmation that you do not have an agreement?"

Nothing. They have 12 + 2 working days to produce a copy of the agreement and if they don't, they can whistle for any payment. Returning the £1 doesn't absolve them from their legal responsibilities to fulfil your request.

Working days or days in general,if its working days they have until the August 5th?? OK thanks guys il get back to you if i get anything xxx

Working days :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thank you xx

Where do I go now please :)

Cheers matey :D

Just to let you know, do not pay them another penny as your account is officially in dispute.

Do not phone them, just wait and see what they come back with.

Probably nothing though if it was anyhthing like mine ;)

Andy...

Ok great thanks for advise ;)

Can anyone just clarify exactly what the 12+2 thing is?

I thought it was just 12 working days..?

12 working days + 2 days for posting and delivery.

Heya sent off CCA to Welcome and within the 12+2 days got this answer

scan0002.gif picture by discodolly_2008 - Photobucket

Obviously not the correct item I asked for so waited until the full 12+2 days were up and sent second letter and got this reply

scan0001.gif picture by discodolly_2008 - Photobucket

What now please :D

You need to remove the bar code and the square box, as it identifies you, to them, not us:D

And the account number on the first scan.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok, firstly your account number is showing on one of the scans - you need to remove this.

The second letter is, I believe just something they have to send by law now, every so often so is probably not the reply you are waiting for.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Send the imbeciles the account in dispute letter or:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

If these are what you have sent them, then don't send them anything!

If they persist in attempting to collect on a disputed debt, then you need to report them to the OFT, TS, FOS, and get a copy of their own complaints procedure and wring it dry..:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok ta ive removed the whole document,um so ive sent the second letter what will happen??

They have had the chance to produce CCA and times up and like ive said ive sent second letter so what next please

Send the imbeciles the account in dispute letter or:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

If these are what you have sent them, then don't send them anything!

If they persist in attempting to collect on a disputed debt, then you need to report them to the OFT, TS, FOS, and get a copy of their own complaints procedure and wring it dry..:D

Boo;)

Yup thats the one ive sent so now just sit back and wait???

Yes, they have failed to reply with a legally enforceable document, and as such, your just reminding them of this fact.

Whilst the account is in dispute, they should not continue with any collection activity against you, this includes sending you any letters stating that you have a moral obligation to pay, or even selling it on to another DCA.

In either case, you must report them to the OFT, and TS, if you need the contact numbers/addresses just ask.

Have you been using recorded delivery?

Just make sure you keep a copy of all letters you send to them, and any that they send to you, also, keeping the envelopes they come in is also advisable, as certain letters should be sent recorded and not their default 2nd class or 'walk sort'.

Just sit back and wait for a reply, in the meantime have a browse through the site for other people in the same situation.

Boo;)

Yes have been keeping copies and sending recorded,thanks people :0)

No worries, as long as they are in breach, then they can't continue with any legal collection activity.

Which begs the question can they use illegal collection activity?:rolleyes:

Only joking, Boo;)

Thats great, thanks! Lowells have until next friday to provide all the detail ive requested, after that im sending the letter that tell them to sod off!