Valid even if not read by you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been a member of CAG for little over a year now and i've read about 'valid even if not read by you' loads of times....Well today, i've received my very own letter :D

and just to prove it's not an urban legend

scan0001-1.jpg

Have you cca'd these mugs?

'Valid if not read by you'. Load of old tosh. They need to make sure that the letter sent is actually read by the debtor.

Just another intimidation tactic by the bully boys!!!

Andy...

Name & Registered Office:

DEBT CLEAR RECOVERIES & INVESTIGATIONS LIMITED

TRINITY HOUSE

16 JOHN DALTON STREET

MANCHESTER

M60 8HS

Company No. 02877251

Date of Incorporation: 02/12/1993

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

7499 - Non-trading company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 02/12/2008

Next Return Due: 30/12/2009

Last Members List: 02/12/2008

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

21/10/1999 AARCO 103 LIMITED

Have you cca'd these mugs?

'Valid if not read by you'. Load of old tosh. They need to make sure that the letter sent is actually read by the debtor.

Just another intimidation tactic by the bully boys!!!

I've been having letters from them for a few weeks now. Just keep ignoring them. I CCA'd MBNA and I have a nice letter saying they don't have one :-D

Did you receive a Default Notice, Notice of Termination & a Notice of Assignment from MBNA?

I got a default notice , but no letter of termination or a notice of assigment. I've had letters from HL Legal Solicitors, Capquest, and now these idiots but i've just ignored them all.

Id love to know who devised that line in the 1st place within the industry? :confused:

I'm filing it next to one of the first ones I got from Alliance & Leicester which says 'Let us help you to repay the money that you have spent' :roll:

I got a default notice , but no letter of termination or a notice of assigment. I've had letters from HL Legal Solicitors, Capquest, and now these idiots but i've just ignored them all.

Silly me, I forgot to mention RMA :D

Now I would send a request for disclosure in response to that, after all it does threaten court action - this usually scare the doo doo out of them.

Sorry to be a thicko but whats one of them? I've done a CCA and a SARs. They've basically told me they have no CCA and I didn't get much back from the SARs request. A few statements, copies of a couple of my complaints letters, but none of the letters which I sent in the beginning asking for help because of my redundancy. And no telephone transcripts at all.

thanks x

It's a request for the documents they will rely upon in court.

Ah ok thanks...do I have to pay for this?. Do I send it to DCRI ?(that makes me laugh...it sounds like a bloody hospital :-D ) or to MBNA?

thanks x