You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Emma Royd

Valid even if not read by you

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been a member of CAG for little over a year now and i've read about 'valid even if not read by you' loads of times....Well today, i've received my very own letter :D

and just to prove it's not an urban legend

scan0001-1.jpg

ha ha lol I like the way they use MAY in each sentance.....wouldn't worry too much about this....write back with one of the standard letter templates you can find on here telling them to PROVE IT !!! Good luck ;)

YAY

I've never had the privilege of one of those elusive letters as yet

the funniest line in DCA fantasy land

Have you cca'd these mugs?

'Valid if not read by you'. Load of old tosh. They need to make sure that the letter sent is actually read by the debtor.

Just another intimidation tactic by the bully boys!!!

Andy...

Did you receive a Default Notice, Notice of Termination & a Notice of Assignment from MBNA?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Name & Registered Office:

DEBT CLEAR RECOVERIES & INVESTIGATIONS LIMITED

TRINITY HOUSE

16 JOHN DALTON STREET

MANCHESTER

M60 8HS

Company No. 02877251

Date of Incorporation: 02/12/1993

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

7499 - Non-trading company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 02/12/2008

Next Return Due: 30/12/2009

Last Members List: 02/12/2008

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

21/10/1999 AARCO 103 LIMITED

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Id love to know who devised that line in the 1st place within the industry? :confused:

Have you cca'd these mugs?

'Valid if not read by you'. Load of old tosh. They need to make sure that the letter sent is actually read by the debtor.

Just another intimidation tactic by the bully boys!!!

I've been having letters from them for a few weeks now. Just keep ignoring them. I CCA'd MBNA and I have a nice letter saying they don't have one :-D

Did you receive a Default Notice, Notice of Termination & a Notice of Assignment from MBNA?

I got a default notice , but no letter of termination or a notice of assigment. I've had letters from HL Legal Solicitors, Capquest, and now these idiots but i've just ignored them all.

I always love the line "documents are being prepared" used quite commonly throughout the industry.

Yet another false myth they like to peddle :rolleyes:

Id love to know who devised that line in the 1st place within the industry? :confused:

I'm filing it next to one of the first ones I got from Alliance & Leicester which says 'Let us help you to repay the money that you have spent' :roll:

Should have said ok then, if you wish to help, then when will you repay it for me? :D

Should have said ok then, if you wish to help, then when will you repay it for me? :D

:grin: yes I should but in them days I was a cowering wreck...thanks to CAG they don't scare me any more :D

Is the DN in the proper format & does it give you a clear 14 days to remedy from the date of service and specify a remedy date?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice Americanised spelling of 'judgement'. Maybe they feel the American version is more threatening. Idiots!

Nice Americanised spelling of 'judgement'. Maybe they feel the American version is more threatening. Idiots!

Actually that is the spelling in legal terms. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a default notice , but no letter of termination or a notice of assigment. I've had letters from HL Legal Solicitors, Capquest, and now these idiots but i've just ignored them all.

Silly me, I forgot to mention RMA :D

Is the DN in the proper format & does it give you a clear 14 days to remedy from the date of service and specify a remedy date?

I'd be obliged if you'd have a look for me

scan0008-1.jpg

Now I would send a request for disclosure in response to that, after all it does threaten court action - this usually scare the doo doo out of them.

Now I would send a request for disclosure in response to that, after all it does threaten court action - this usually scare the doo doo out of them.

Sorry to be a thicko but whats one of them? I've done a CCA and a SARs. They've basically told me they have no CCA and I didn't get much back from the SARs request. A few statements, copies of a couple of my complaints letters, but none of the letters which I sent in the beginning asking for help because of my redundancy. And no telephone transcripts at all.

thanks x

I'd be obliged if you'd have a look for me

That's a shame it complies by just one day. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a request for the documents they will rely upon in court.

That's a shame it complies by just one day. :(

oh well, story of my life. Thanks for taking the time to look x

It's a request for the documents they will rely upon in court.

Ah ok thanks...do I have to pay for this?. Do I send it to DCRI ?(that makes me laugh...it sounds like a bloody hospital :-D ) or to MBNA?

thanks x

No charge if it is to be the subject of legal proceedings - or if they are implying it will be.