What would happen if.. (using the 'ignore' route)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering what would happen if a private parking company did take you to court.

If you have used the ignore route, would this go against you?

How would you justify not having responded to any mail, not paying etc in court?

Only because (and this website is a fantastic resource, and I'm not knocking it at all) I don't think "I read it on the internet" would be a valid argument.

What do you think? I hope this could be useful piece of information for some people.

Thanks very much as always

Refer to the cautionary note here.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Just wondering what would happen if a private parking company did take you to court.

Very very rare. Hardly worth considering as a possibility

If you have used the ignore route, would this go against you?

No. Only the facts of the case are important at court

How would you justify not having responded to any mail, not paying etc in court?

Do you reply to any or all of the other jun mail that comes through your door? If not, why should this be any different?

Only because (and this website is a fantastic resource, and I'm not knocking it at all) I don't think "I read it on the internet" would be a valid argument.

That's not the argument you'd be using. Surely it would be more along the lines of "I wasn't the driver" (if that's true) or "There are no signs" etc etc

What do you think? I hope this could be useful piece of information for some people.

Ignoring completely is strongly advised as the best route currently

Thanks very much as always