You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

barrybarry

What would happen if.. (using the 'ignore' route)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3987 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just wondering what would happen if a private parking company did take you to court.

If you have used the ignore route, would this go against you?

How would you justify not having responded to any mail, not paying etc in court?

Only because (and this website is a fantastic resource, and I'm not knocking it at all) I don't think "I read it on the internet" would be a valid argument.

What do you think? I hope this could be useful piece of information for some people.

Thanks very much as always

Refer to the cautionary note here.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Just wondering what would happen if a private parking company did take you to court.

Very very rare. Hardly worth considering as a possibility

If you have used the ignore route, would this go against you?

No. Only the facts of the case are important at court

How would you justify not having responded to any mail, not paying etc in court?

Do you reply to any or all of the other jun mail that comes through your door? If not, why should this be any different?

Only because (and this website is a fantastic resource, and I'm not knocking it at all) I don't think "I read it on the internet" would be a valid argument.

That's not the argument you'd be using. Surely it would be more along the lines of "I wasn't the driver" (if that's true) or "There are no signs" etc etc

What do you think? I hope this could be useful piece of information for some people.

Ignoring completely is strongly advised as the best route currently

Thanks very much as always

You'd defend! Comprehensive defences are available.