BankFodder BankFodder

Nottsdave

Cabot Court Claim *** Claim Settled ***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2726 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Dave and thank you Joggs,

Ok so forget the SB argument what else was your defence based on?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So

I have no default notice and the last time I turn up at court the DJ said what they had presented was a load of crap

Lots of pages of rubbish and that made no sense, the fact that they never turned up last time didnt go down to well either.

Other than that I pleading total confusion with what they have presented

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Well attend the listings Direction hearing and push that very point sounds like you already have the DJ on your side for starters over this issue....exploit it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Andy

I will and I will do my best

Im sure the fact that they never turned up last time and the DJ said these companies buy up debt without understanding what they are getting may go in my favour

Plus last week they changed solicitor.

Notts

Hi

Went to the court today for the Listing and Directions session

While there I was approaced by a weird little legal geek, who offered me a deal for a full and final (original debt 11.5k) he first offered 5k

I told him him to think again as I was looking at 2k we agreed on 3k.

You may think I have bottled out here but the agreement was signed and I felt that if it went to trial I would be liable (If I lost) for costs as well.

While Im not happy with the outcome, the stress and all the crap that goes on with these deadlegs I figure I made the right decision

Notts

Hi

Went to the court today for the Listing and Directions session

While there I was approaced by a weird little legal geek, who offered me a deal for a full and final (original debt 11.5k) he first offered 5k

I told him him to think again as I was looking at 2k we agreed on 3k.

You may think I have bottled out here but the agreement was signed and I felt that if it went to trial I would be liable (If I lost) for costs as well.

While Im not happy with the outcome, the stress and all the crap that goes on with these deadlegs I figure I made the right decision

Oh well - did he offer you a drink??

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi

Just received a claim form out of Northampton Bulk for CC debt over 11k.

P.O.C.s are as follows,

The claimant is part of the Cabot Financial Group and has purchased the debt(s) scheduled below. Despite request for payment the defendant has failed to pay the sum of £***** in relation to the defendants Abbey National CC account number ********. And the claimant claims the sum of ******* together with interest under section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 and cost.

Morgans Solicitors.

I cannot see a cause of action in the POC you have posted. - that is to say, no triable issues to be put before a court are discernible. - should be struck out IMO. Cabot simply assert that you have failed to pay a sum of money which they requested from you. - That is nothing unlawful, so far as I can see. How could a judge decide anything based on that?

regards.

Well done Dave

Its a result on a debt of nearly 12K, make sure you get the paperwork or conformation of either withdrawal or discontinuance.

Regards

Andy

Cheers Andy

I will do

I will chase the solicitor for this and I have also asked for a monthly statement which they say they are unable to supply

Well if they cant supply me with a statement then I may have to force the issue

Notts

But your right nearly 12 k for 2.5 k payback better than the spanish lending rate

Notts