You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

marijellybaby

Default on account 4 years ago

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3974 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Eveining all,

Need a bit of adive.I am 25, career driven but have all of a sudden had a shock about my credit score. I signed up to experian and have just found that C L Ltd placed a default on my account 3 years ago. I had a house fire back in 2007 and GE were unable to contact me due to this even though the day after the fire which destoryed our house i called them to make them aware of my new contact address. The account is fully settled as this came to my attention when i called them to check on the status of my account. There was no mention of a default nor did i ever recieve a letter ab:?:out this. Any advice?

i say in the title it was 4 years ago but it was acutally 3 years and 10 months

sorry..

so was the a/c already settled when they put the default on?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

SARS request GE Capital - find out every bit of information they have.

You might find that a copy of you telephone call is recorded in the notes and that the default is a clerical error and could be easily removed. Or that another clerical error means the agreement is not worth the paper it is written on.

Getting the SARS request would be the first step, but be prepared to fight!

Thanks for you help guys,

Im not sure if the account was settled before or after the default was placed on. Also, what is the SARS?

SARS is a Subject Access Request - basically its a copy of most (wont say all as there are some exclusions on what you get) of the personal data that they have on you including records of files, notes following conversations, system notes.

The fee is £10 (usually pay by Postal Order) and they have to reply within 40 days by law (most do, if not its all plus points for you if you need to take it further)

You can find letter templates on here!

Whatever you do dont give up - I look at this way if you give up you, you are letting a useless twit get the better of you!

Wheety