You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

pualypaul

Bailiff collecting on a penalty already paid (EQUITA)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

IN SHORT:

I forgot to pay a parking fine...

Following a letter to me dated 23/07/2009 and I sent a cheque for £167.88 by return as requested.

On 11/08/09 I received another letter DEMANDING £221.93 for the same penalty (dated 06/08/09).

This morning a bailiff called at mother's house and demanded an additional £410.55!

My mother told him that she believed that the penalty had been paid and that no monies were due. He then phoned in to the office and confirmed that a cheque had been received, but it 'hadn't been processed yet' and insisted that an additional amount of £410.55 be paid. Obviously, I WILL NOT BE PAYING AN ADDITIONAL £410.55, but does anyone have any advise if he comes back for more tomorrow?

not been processed, just chancing his arm.

he needs to wait and swing dixie for his unlawful fees. to late mate, missed the boat.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I would ask the bailiff for a breakdown of charges. You are liable for whatever is dated prior to your payment, but if they received it in July but didn't process it because of a problem their end (ie there was nothing wrong with the cheque), they can't continue enforcement and subsequent charges are being levied illegally.

Put this info in writing to them.

In this situation, it is the Council itself who could be your key ally. Send a letter to the Council's head of parking, complaining that their contracted bailiffs are behaving improperly and detailing the chain of events, and advise that a report will be submitted to the local government ombudsman if the matter is not remedied. It's best to stay on friendly terms with the Council, since the current issue isn't directly of their making, and they are in a position to sort it out.

You could also write to your councillor. They are often willing to take up cases like this and tend to be listened to by the Council itself.