clearing up my credit file

gibeno
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

i need as much help as possible. had various defaults when i was younger which are still showing on my credit file.

Most of which are still on there, but have been satisfied - by me working very hard to clear my debt.

i'm looking to improve my score dramatically though so i need to go about clearing these off, for instance i had a ccj that has been paid off, originally for barclaycard, passed to hlcf, took me to court, i've paid it off but need it removing from my credit file.. so who would i write to for this?? (the judgment is satisfied on my credit file)

I had a credit card with halifax, a catalogue with freemans both given to cap quest - both paid off now - but the default is still on there.. who would i write to to get this removed??

i had an old mobile bill with o2 passed to lawell and co or something - who would i write to to get this off??

i know its probably simple but i'm looking to get this done as soon as possible?? are there any letter templates to get all these notices removed which i can send to these people?? all i want is a decent credit file so i can look to buy my own home - and have worked hard for 3 years to do it but these things are stopping me!!

TIA for any help recevied

then you have another 3ys to wait till they drop off.

there is no way to remove them they are relevent data to your past history.

if these are all being shown as satified then they should not really be affecting you.

infact, as they are now shown as satisfied, it might even help show you have been responsible in dealing with your debts for 3 yrs.

do you KNOW you have a credit issue?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to be honest i've not even tried to get credit because of these problems and i wasnt on a voters role until the 3rd of this month. when i finally registered at an address. i felt its not worth it with the problems i've had in the past. but to be honest i wouldnt want credit but not many people have 100k plus to be able to give up to buy a house just like that. do you reckon applying for a high interest rate credit card will help me out. the only thing on my file is a orange phone bill which gets paid every month, and a halifax loan which is also with capquest from about 7 years ago which i owe 4.5k on... thanks for your help

so how are you gauging you have a poor rating?

this capquest thing, you need to challenge it.

pick a bad dca.....you have the number one rip off merchants there.

7 yrs / £4.5k - i bet there are heaps of chagres & p'haps PPI you could reclaim. and if capquest have ever added ANYTHING to the figure they inherited from halifax, then thats a No NO.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just figured it would be bad having 4 defaults and a ccj. even though they all shows as the balance satisfied. except this capquest one.

i rang them a week ago and they said they couldnt give me a statement because they dont do them and any queries need to be directed to their legal team via e-mail. what a joke!!

I'm figuring its time i write a letter to them then and forget about removing these default notices and ccj from the file...

thanks for your help dx

yep

time for a cca request £1

that will give you a statement of account too!

dx

and they

thanks izools. i signed up this. i havent got my crdit report yet though. i was waiting for it to be confirmed that i was put on the elcetoral role first as this will do wonders for my score.

i'll order it when its confirmed (the council said they would register it on august 3rd) then see what i can do to get a good score.. thanks very much

just brought this score now as i was very curious after dx's comments. am very surprised. it was 842 which it says is fair. I'm still not electoral role though even though the council said i would be added on august 3rd.

i'll ring them tomorrow i think. get me put on there and hopefully get my score in the high 900's!

also sending my cca request to capquest.. see what they have to say for themselves...

Hi there

make sure you put your previous addresses in your experian profile if you have moved in the last 3 and half years when you do your own experian search because if you dont it will only search the profile address you set up

also if you have debts registered at previous addresses these will need to go in to make sure you get the true score

if you havnt moved house then no need to worry

had my statement today from capquest. had no problems with them. apart from they added 520 interest on the account. is this a complete no no?? if so how do i go about them taking this off the balance??

def, a dca cannot add int nor charges

dx

and they