You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mabski

LLOyds OD + £2k of charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

this is my first post on here so forgive me if its in the wrong place .

i have a debt with lloyds tsb for £579 which they defaulted in april 2006 .

now at the time i was in and out of work and in the year previous to the default i paid around £2000 in bank charges . each month they took around £300 in charges which i couldnt afford , which caught me in a vicious circle of repeatedly going overdrawn due to the charges .

in the last month i banked with lloyds my wages were paid in and i took every penny out up to my £200 overdraft limit and left it like that as i had truely had enough and didnt want to give lloyds anymore of my money.

the problem now is this default is messing with my chances of getting any new credit and the dca that are chasing it are really getting on my nerves.

so what i need advice with is how do i go about getting this default removed

would it be best to hit them with a claim for my bank charges back or a request for a cca?

would a cca request apply to this type of debt

any advice would be greatly appreiciated

If it was a credit card or loan you can send the cca request if it was an overdraft it's not covered by the CCA.

You could send a SAR http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca which will cost £10 & you should receive copies of statements which will enable you to reclaim any unfair charges.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

thanks cerberusalert

like i said in the year before i paid at least £2000 in charges plus the £379 on top of the overdraft they are now asking for.

so i think i could get up to £2000 back

but if i claimed my charges back what would be the likelyhood of getting the default removed?

You should be able to get most of your charges back, but I'm afraid you won't have much luck with getting the default removed.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so getting my default removed is a no no then

shame coz id rather get that removed than get my money back

i want to buy my house next year and i know that default is going to cause me some problems when i try to get a mortgage

and you are sadly ofcourse going to hit a brickwall until the court case is settled.

ther emight be light at the end of the tunnel theough.

if you can PROVE [and that will be gained when your chagres are refunded] that the default was SOLELY because of their unlawfull charges, then if they refund, it should be removed

hth

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

and you are sadly ofcourse going to hit a brickwall until the court case is settled.
I take it you're referring to the OFT case?

A lot of creditors are now paying new claims for unfair charges probably realising they are going to lose the case mentioned above. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]