You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

littlecat

Job offer withdrawn

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3982 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can possibly help me with this as it`s upsetting and don`t know where to turn

have been working in the NHS for over 10 years in many different departments, after a 4 years break i returned to nursing in auxiliary capacity in April of this year, i sent my CRB off an started work before it came back, 3 months into my employment on Saturday 11th July i started my late shift and was immediately called to the office where my ward manager and deputy were there, i sat down and my ward manager asked me if there was something i should tell her !! i told her no that i knew of nothing she asked me another 2 times which i replied no, then she said that an issue had shown up on my CRB, which i had no idea of, it was a motoring offense in the beginning of 2006, she asked me why i didn`t divulge the information and i explained that in all honesty i genuinely thought it would have been over when my ban was up in 2007 so was classed as spent after 1 year but i didn`t know that my fine would show up and that seeing as i wasn`t driving for a job or had hurt anyone nor ever been in trouble in my life i had no idea it would be on there and that i in no way hid it from anyone an i apologized, an explained that it was not in my nature to lie or hide anything, she said she was going to seek advice from HR, and was told to go back to the ward, i ended up with a severe migraine and had the following day off, the 14th was my day off and she rang me at home and ask me to come in for a little chat about the issue, i went there and my manager and deputy was there, she told me that unfortunately my contract has been terminated, i told her again that it was not intentional, she explained i would be missed and that she had nothing but praise for my work and that i was one of the best workers and was so sorry to see me leave, i am devastated at the outcome and did not hide it intentionally, people have said that HR should have been present and that she should have been able to produce some documentation to support this, nor was i told at any time i could have representation with me an was led to believe it was an informal chat, is there anything i can against this as i love my job and would love to keep it even if it meant 6 month probation in work.

I have recieved a letter from my ex ward manager saying that i had been relieved of my post due to an issue of trust !!, my colleauges are still in touch with me and want me back and patients are still asking my colleauges if i will return and sending their regards to me, I feel it`s such a shame when driving was not part of my job, and that i can see their point of view regarding trust i have never in any position been untrustworthy on any occasion as i would never jeapordise my position and consider myself a very honest person as well as do ex colleauges and ex managers, i would love to be reinsated into my position and wondered if i could contact the head of medical services or my ex ward manager and ask if i could be re employed even if on a 6 month temp contract i dearly miss this job as i loved it and gave it 100%

Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated

Quick question, if you been working for NHS for 10 years have there never done a CRB check before?

Hi,

Yes but i have been out of the NHS for 4 years so didn`t need one

ahh I see, its strange how they did the meeting, informal? dont think so, and to my beleif it should have been arranged, rep welcomed

She phoned over to the ward office to tell me she wanted to see me, her and the deputy was there, it seemed very informal, i went back to the ward and carried on with my shift in the belief that it would be ok as she said she just needed to speak to HR about it, then on my day off she rang me at home asking me to come in for a little chat, she asked me why i hadn`t disclosed it, i told her in all honesty i didn`t hide it and it was an error on my part and that i was really sorry, her and the deputy were laughing and joking when i went it about how early they had got up, so i thought i was all fine, then she said she had to withdraw the offer even thought i had been there almost 3 months, i can`t believe it i`m devastated and if i had known i would have divulged it straight away as i wouldn`t hide it delibratley, i really don`t know what to do as i loved my job and got on so well with everyone, staff i met are still in contact with me and patients sending their regards which is really nice

I am astounded on two counts.

One, as a prospective patient, that you were allowed to start work without a CRB check. I have a relative who works in Occupational Health in the NHS and she says that no employee is allowed to commence work in their PCT (in whatever area) without this being complete. However, it seems that this is not law, (except if you work with children). However, in the absence of a CRB your managers should have carried out a risk assessment before allowing you to start work to decide whether you needed supervision.

The other is, as you say, it was a motoring offence and completely unrelated to your role. I can see why anyone wouldn't think it was relevant to mention at interview.

I thought the NHS was finding it hard pressed to find good, reliable staff. Now I know why.

Sali is right you know, on his first point. I wasn't allowed to visit tenants when I started the new job, until the CRB came back - 5 months it took!

You must be gutted, and I am sorry this has happened to you. I really hope there is something that can be done about it for you. Are you in a Union?

I can understand if it was a driving job, !! or if i had lied on purpose, no i wasn`t a member of a union, and i can`t appeal as she dne it 5 days before my 3months was up, under 3 months you can`t do anything.

Devastated isn`t the word, i loved my job, i worked in neurological rehabilitation and i know i was making a difference, recieved a card from a patient today asking me to come back, and was signed by the patients i looked after and the staff which was so lovely

You can always appeal littlecat, even when we think we don't have any rights - there is nothng stopping you putting pen to paper to the NHS trust or board of the hospital just so they are fully up to date with all that has gone on. It may not get your job back, but it will force you to write about this problem, that'll help you a little better, and you never know who is going to read that letter and what actions might come out of it!;)

In the meantime, why not go to a nursing agency, rely on your former colleagues for references etc., and before you know it you;ll be back on your feet again.

Fingers crossed, I can tell you are totally gutted, but it will all come out in the wash if you let it.

Ok sorry to hear about your misfortune.

You should of been informed about an interview in writing and be able to have a representative present. I would write a letter and ask for a meeting as you would like a preservative present. Also are you not in a union. If not still give unison a ring especially if you have been a member in the past they may be able to advice.

also ring hr yourself not giving too much info away not even your name if possible and ask what there procedures are for employees to have a Crb before they start work and what the procedures are if an employ fails to disclose information on a Crb without knowing it needed to be enclosed.

good luck but i would strike quickly and to fight for you rights

I would def contact your previously and request a copy a their grievance and appeal procedures and move forward with them as quickly as possible. However I truly unsure how things may progress as you withheld vital information which could have potential affected your initial offer.

I do believe there is major holes in how you were dealt with and you may get a positive outcome however don't feel you'll get your position back due to the nature of withholding criminal info.

Do push ahead as quickly as possible many employers have a 2 weeks window from termination to lodging an appeal.

Good luck