NTO - sent to one address/live in another?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought I had that could also help other people maybe.

What if you had your car registered at a different address to the one you live in? I think this is legal as long as you have 'access' to any mail that would be sent out by the DVLA (your tax renewal form etc).

So, if a private parking company get to Notice to owner stage and send one out to the DLVA address, could you say you never had them?

Conversely, what this also mean any 'bailiffs' would turn up at the wrong house?

Finally, if anyone or any letters came to where you actually lived, could you claim that they had inferred this information without permission?

Just a few thoughts, maybe they could help or maybe amount to nothing, but I would be interested in any thoughts.

Thanks very much

Thanks for the info so far, what about the other points?

Also, has anyone ever moved house in the middle of one of these 'disputes'?

I trust you would have no obligation to notify the Parking company you had moved (you would be crazy to surely), so after you had told the DVLA and the RK address changed, the parking company wouldn't find out would they? Then you really wouldn't ever receive any of the letters no?

Thanks again very much

In general I don't think this is a good idea. I believe it's also a criminal offence to register the vehicle at an address other than where the vehicle is normally kept.

Private companies don't seem to be much of an issue as they have virtually no powers. It might make life difficult for them, but they pretty much can't do anything anyway, so where's the gain?

With PCNs, bailiffs can generally catch up with people by getting the address via other means. They use electoral registers, correspondence, and if you are ever towed (which they could instigate purely for this reason) you have to show them current proof of address (eg council tax) and driving licence (again, legally should show your home address).

They don't need your permission to find out where you live.

It's a fairly common situation for people to move house mid-dispute. It makes things complicated for them rather than working to their advantage.

If they do then catch up with you, you'll have very little chance of getting them to back off as your declarations would be out of time. It's simply not worth the hassle in my view.

In general I don't think this is a good idea. I believe it's also a criminal offence to register the vehicle at an address other than where the vehicle is normally kept.

You can register it where you like but the key is that the keeper is contactable at the registered address. A company could for example register all its vehicles at head office yet keep them at depots all over the UK. There seems little point in avoiding mail since most legal processes will carry on without a response and you could end up in debt. PPC tickets can dealt with by simply ignoring them the danger of you idea is you could end up being visited by baliffs for statutary penalties you never received.

I know companies can register to pretty much any address, but I thought the rules were different for private vehicles?

No, Green and Mean is correct.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.