Can they send me to prison?

cashdesk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG no debtors prison doesn't exist any more! Hasn't for decades!

The worst they can do, if you completely point blank ignore all your non-priority debts, for years on end, worst case scenario one year, they can declare you bankrupt and strip your assets, writing off the debt in the process. But that's absolutely worst case.

Little more info would be great, we can advise the best approach to take ;)

I didn't think they could send us to prison, but my wife (from a foreign country) was worried about it.

Thank you. This will put her mind at rest.

All of the details are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/214408-whats-worst-can-happen-new-post.html

We don't intend to refuse to pay, in fact we have sent out a spreadhseet showing exactly how much we can afford each month for each creditor. Only trouble is, we had to replace our boiler earlier this month, which put us overdrawn by about £3K, and I am worried that they will see this as deliberate fraud.

debt is a civil matter not a criminal one

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Tell you wife that the best thing she can do is send off CCA requests to everyone chasing her for money. This will highlight the firms who haven't got an enforceable agreement which could then be disputed. Whilst an account remains in dispute there is nothing the DCA's can do except stew in their own putrid slime!

Take control, I did and I am so much happier now (so is my family) because all the bullies have bu**ered off and left us alone because they now know that we are aware they were pi$$ing against the wind by asking for money that they were not entitled to ask for!

Use my new motto - 'Consumer, empower thyself!'

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

Would that not be imprisoned for contempt of court though?

If you have a fine, don't pay and all avenues are/have been exhausted and you've not been particularly compliant the magistrates can/may/sometimes impose a prison sentence.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.