Firstplus PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Sold this in 2007.

£15,000 loan over 25 years. PPP loan amounted to £2989.50.

I wasn't informed that there were alternative policies available and the seller told me that I would get the full value of the PPP back on the 5th anniversary i.e., in 2012 I get back £2989.50.

I don't believe I received the full facts of how the PPP worked - I'm astounded now when I look at the figures and know that I would not accept these terms now.

Have I been mis-sold?

thanks - teg1203

Hi

It sounds like it - I would send a Subject Access Report first, template is under Bank Templates I think.

I'd search for Firstplus on this site and look at other threads, there seem to be quite a lot and some have had successful claims. You could just copy what they've done.

Hi Jan4a,

thanks for the info. I will do so asap. One question though - do a make the "subject access report" request first or do I need to officially complain first?

cheers

teg

Hi Teg1203

Who underwrote the PPI policy as FP would have arrange the loan, this should be with the paperwork you would have received from FP, normally any complaint to FP would then be forwarded by them to the company who dealt with your PPI policy, have a look at my thread today as Central Trust did mine and I requested from them all telephone conversations, they were quick and helpful to supply and did not cost me a penny.

subscribed.gifPPI reclaim from Central Trust/Debt buster loans

Regards

gooner15

Hi Jan4a,

thanks for the info. I will do so asap. One question though - do a make the "subject access report" request first or do I need to officially complain first?

cheers

teg

Always SAR first get the data then prepare then act to get your money back.

Have a good look through the stickies at the top of the forum tons of info there to assist you. If you have questions just post them up.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.