You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Tawnyowl

JSA my experiance of the system.First time claimed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just thought i would share my experiance so far in making a claim for job seekers allowance.Due to having no work i finally had to make a claim for JSA.:sad:I thought i would ring for advice first so i rang http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/

How to claim

Call 0800 055 6688 (8.00 am - 6.00 pm Monday to Friday). A textphone service is available if you have a speech or hearing impairment on 0800 023 4888.

You can claim Jobseeker's Allowance onlineindex.html although initially only wondering how to sign on i was surprised to be asked there and then to claim immediatly by the operator interviewing me and he would fill the form in. It would take about 20 minutes. I was very impressed and did it there and then. Within 20 minutes i was another statistic on what seems to be rising unemployment figures. I was given a date to attend the local JSA centre a few days later. I attended and talked to a lady who filed out some more forms and then told me wait a short time and to see one of her colleagues. About 5 mins later i talked to her and she was very helpful.Giving me details of signing days and job prospects and how to look for work. I ended up in there for 2 hours. They were all very helpfull. I asked if they enjoyed their jobs and everyone did. Even the security. She explained about crisis loans because Jobcentre Plus - Working Age Benefits Social Fund Crisis Loans It may take a couple of weeks before your claim is processed and if you need a payment or if you havent enough to live on give them a ring. I decided to due to lack of money for essential items. I must admit it was hard to get through to them. In fact it usually said the first time everyones busy try again later and the line went dead. Usually though by some strange coincidence the 2nd time ringing i got through. The interview is quite probing, and asks you what you want the money for, when you last had any money that kind of thing. Then hopefully they offer you some payment to be collected at your local office the same day. I believe anyone whether jobless or not can apply for these loans, that have to be paid back. I was then given my first fortnightly signing on day.I attended and the atmosphere was not quite the same. This was a different location ,town centre, more security more staff. You are allocated a coulored signing on area.The staff though friendly and helpful seem to have the seen it all heard it all before look about them. Anyway 5 weeks down the line and still not received any JSA though after phoning today i believe the claim is finally being processed. I have asked different people about this length of time before making a claim and receiving payments.Various reasons 1-The sheer amount of new claims coming into the system 2-Swine flu and staff holidays 3-Not enough staff,perhaps cuts at a rising time of unemployment.I must say despite the pressure that seems to be bearing down on them all were polite and helpful.I just feel there is to much pressure building on the departments both JSA and crisis departments and the time after making a claim and receiving payments unless applying for crisis loans that some wont apply for must be putting pressure on the claiments, and staff who have to eat and sleep, as i heard many times.Just a view. But thankfull we have this system. I only hope i am back at work soon. I find the whole jobless situation depressing and soul destroying. I certainly couldnt bear it for very long.I hope.Tawnyowl.