You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.   They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.
    • Send the AOS immediately with intention to defend.  Monitor this thread for a fuller reply lster or tomorrow
    • Update!!!    Email received from solicitors (well I was cc'd in on an email to the Court)   Notice of Discontinuance,   Does this mean it's a "Success" and no more to be heard?   Or potentially they could find the correct paperwork and start a new claim?   But, for the moment, I am happy.   Thanks for the help and guidance on this thread.
    • Hi All, newbie here, hope I'm doing this correctly.   Two years ago the wife was using my car and bought a ticket in a train station car park and displayed it on the dashboard. She returned to find a parking charge notice from Excel. It was a very windy day and it had evidently been blown on the the floor of the car as she left. It did not have a self adhesive part to stick to the window. I subsequently followed their online claim procedure and sent a copy of the ticket but the claim was refused. A couple of days ago I received the County Court Business Centre claim form in the post after presuming it would go away after not hearing from them for about a year (the usual threatening letters from debt recovery companies etc).   I wish I had paid the original £20 as this has been a big worry and hassle, but I just ignored most of the letters after reading stuff online. Obviously I want to dispute the whole of the claim but do I have a decent defence? I would cite the fact that the only reason the ticket was not displayed was that it could not be stuck to the window.   Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.   Name of the Claimant : Excel Parking Services   Claimants Solicitors: Unknown   Date of issue – 08 July 2020   Date for AOS - 27 July 2020?   Date to submit Defence - 10 August?       What is the claim for – Breach of contract - parked without clearly displaying a valid parking ticket in Brewery St car park, Chesterfield on 02.07. 2018. Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability and Claimant seeks recovery of of the parking charge notice, costs and interest       What is the value of the claim? £185.00
    • I have had a letter from RBOS saying they have assigned my debt of £3600 to Cabot however it must be at least 6 years since i did anything with this debt, the letter was sent to my old address.   i have had a look around on the site but cant see a FAQ to do with these issues ( probably me not looking the right area)  .   can anyone advise me on what the next steps are as i assume this debt may be statute barred ? but im loath to ring Cabot and go through any details with them and would rather do it via letter.   as back ground i have other debts with other banks and currently have CCJ obtained via backdoor so im obligated to pay that debt. also did a stepchange thing that showed i have no other available funds to pay these other debts off.   any help appreciated
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3979 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I took out a Vodafone contract in december 2008 at phones 4 u.

At the time I was told that I would immediately have my monthly allowance.

I used my phone and went a little over the minutes. I then received a phone bill for around £280 pounds. I called Vodafone to dispute this. They said that as I joined at the end of the month I only got a couple of minutes allowance. This is not what phones 4 u told me.

I disputed this for hours with vodafone and they said take it up with phones 4 u.

Phones 4 u denied telling me this and would not back down and said that the contract is now with vodafone.

The phone then broke after a few weeks of having it.

After 2 months of arhuing with vodafone I told them they will never get my money. Then in March I received a letter from a debt company asking for £400. I called Vodafone and said that I was misold and will not be paying. They said they can not cancel the debt as it is with capquest and I will have to call capquest and get them to release the account back to vodafone and as I have been messed around so much they will cancel the debt.

Then in May the same thing happened again. I called vodafone and they said they were sorry. I needed to call capquest and get the account returned and they will cancel the debt. I was very annoyed at this point as this was damaging my credit history.

Then today I have received a letter from Fredricks Internation saying I owe £440.10 I called vodafone and after 2 hours they finally found my account. They said they have no record of ever talking to me.

Even though I have spend many, many hours on the phone to them. (I have phone bills to prove this)

They said they can not cancel the debt and if I don't pay the money to Fredricks International I will be summoned to court.

I don't know what to do!

Also Vodafone are saying £320 and the other companies are saying £440.10

What is the best course of action from here. Vodafone are telling me to go to phones 4 u but it is vodafone who said they will cancel the contract and debt. Not phones 4 u. And I feel as my contract and debt is with them not phones 4 u they should sort this.

The same things happened to my friend and in the end vodafone backed down. But I'm worried they wont and I end up with a CCJ.

Will the really take me to court for £320??

Thanks

Its possible but highly unlikely.

They will just rely on threats & intimidation in the hope that you pay up.

Stop speaking to them ALL on the phone & refuse to answer security questions if any DCA phones you.

As you have found out - you will just be messed around.

It will cost them money to take you to court & wont be worth their while just to receive a £1 per month back if lucky.

When people say they just ignore the debt and the company gives in. Does this mean they stop putting marks on their credit file and just forget it?

Or do they keep marking your file forever? If I ignore them and don't hear anything. How long do you think it is before it is safe ti assume they have gone away?

They don't even know where I live. They are writing to my mothers address where I used to live

Hi cheshire09

I can understand your concerns.

I'd like to investigate this for you and see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you follow the instructions on our pinned thread, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Kirsty

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK