what is a judgement order?

wendy67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, could someone please tell me if a judgement order is the same as a ccj? we got claim forms from the county court on behalf of blackhorse in 2008 but don't know if everything went ahead without us or not as they sent us a payment book stating to pay for a judgement order?

very confused as we have been paying £6.00 a month thinking it's a ccj

thank you

ann622

It'll be a CCJ, the Judgment Order is the amount you have to pay. As long as you keep to the payments nothing more should happen, but you should get a copy of the CCJ to see what the terms of the judgment are, i.e., are they allowed to add interest, the amount of judgment etc.

How do i get a copy to check ? does it cost ? also why have we had no correspondence , we have another ccj with link which we went to court and we had all the papers sent to us.

Thank you for replying :)

It's not unknown for shall we say the less reputable creditors & DCAs to claim that they have a CCJ when in fact they haven't. You can check online at CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online to see what judgments there are against you, it costs £8. You can get a copy of the judgment from your local court for a small fee.

It seems strange that you haven't had any court documents. :rolleyes: