Bailiffs for Parking ticket paid late, now bankrupt and being harassed daily!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tricky one this, hopefully someone can advise me please!

I received a parking ticket in November 2008, and due to various money problems at the time i didn't pay it, It built up to £110 due in March which again wasn't paid.

I made myself bankrupt on 28th April 2009, and after taking advice I used the little money i had to clear my outstanding parking tickets and a court fine i received for a speeding offence before going bankrupt as these would be outside the bankruptcy and would still be owed regardless. These were paid on 24th April.

I thought this was the end of it but unknown to me, the parking fine was passed onto Marstons Bailiffs on 21st April. As the Council payment line was via an automated service, the debit card payment i made was rejected and paid back onto my card....... this account was frozen on 28th April and I had no knowledge of this payment being returned.

I spoke to someone at the Council who said that they were not obliged to tell me the payment was cancelled and that I had had plently of notice to pay so its not their problem. this is true but at the time I was in such a financial mess that letters and bills just didnt get opened. the Bailiff from Marstons was just as helpful, and told me that regardless of the circumstances it needed to be paid or they would remove my possessions.

I thought that at the time of my banruptcy everything was in order, so when i received a warning from Marstons, i didnt read it properly and assumed it was for an old debt. I therefore havent done anything towards paying it and did not realise until now i was legally obliged to pay it. The debt to Marstons is now £317. I do not have this money, and have no means of paying in now or in the near future..... I'm out of work and am barely surviving on the little benefits i get.

What options do i have now?

Does my Bankruptcy affect this at all? after all, they did not come and take any of my possessions at the time of bankruptcy as they considered that there was nothing of significant value.

Would the circumstances above qualify me to make some kind of application to the court for more time to pay the debt or even better for it to be reduced to an affordable amount?

What should i do about the Bailiffs in the meantime? He's promised another 'visit' tomorrow :Cry:

Thanks in advance

Thanks.... am not sure its appropriate to contact a member directly about an issue? surely that is the point of a public forum?Hopefully they will see this thread and reply on this os that anyone in a simlar situation can also share the advice

Thanks.... am not sure its appropriate to contact a member directly about an issue? surely that is the point of a public forum?Hopefully they will see this thread and reply on this os that anyone in a similar situation can also share the advice

send tom tubby a P M asking her to look at your thread she will reply on thread you are only asking her look in Case she misses it as you said a tricky one

Just My Own Opinion As I Donk Know But I Would Think As This Ticket Went Through The Legal System, A Court Allowing It To Be Passed To Baliffs

This Now Becomes A Crown Fine

But You Say This Is A Council Ticket And Not A Police Ticket

Sorry Dont Know But Hope It Helps

Tomtubby Is The Girl For This

Thanks I will PM Tomtubby, and see if she can help :). This has been reposted from the parking fines section so I'll direct her ot that thread as it seems that the debate is now about whether the PCN can be included in the Bankruptcy, and that forum seems more relevant.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/214679-paid-ticket-out-time.html#post2363499

Thanks again