Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • hi all.   In April 2019 I posted about owing 2.3k to PayPal, who sold my debt to Wescot.   Since then there has been a long war of words, mostly thin assertions that 'PayPal has advised us that...', and signatures from staff at PayPal that are supposed to prove that I owe the debt.   I've recently moved house, and am considering my options with the case going forward; I had initially intended to cut them off after the last year with no definitive proof, saying in my last letter that I trusted the matter was closed, providing no forward address.    However, after doing some more research recently I'm slightly concerned about what might happen if I dont keep them at arms distance with letter disputes, and that they may sue me and add the court bills through a CCJ (County Court judgement.) What is the liklihood of this or them finding my new address?    I'm also slightly concerned how my letting agency may react if against odds Wescot send bailiffs to my previous address, as this was with the same letting agency I use with my current house, and also where they will likely continue to send letters.   Advice?   Thanks. -b
    • They automatically sent me a few refunds from charges but I believe they weren’t this account it was another overdraft current account I had with them.   There is a letter in the SAR for the other account number about a cheque refund   I never contacted them
    • You indicated earlier you have already successful ly reclaim ed charges? DXx
    • So that amounts to about £700 at the current date today (with the formula back in)   Do I contact HBOS about these? I looked in the debt collection library but couldn’t see an overdraft letter.   Or is it a case of leaving it
    • If a bailiff does turn up, do not let him in he might try to "persuade" aka bully you into paying the debt as he might try to claim he can force entry, can only do that for a Criminal Fine.   Tell him/her, that named debtor does not live there hasn't for last 12 months, he took his property with him, so nothing is his.  Offer to show a Council tax bill showing you as sole liable person.   Other option is to get a Statutory Declaration sworn at a Solicitors that all property in the house is yours and named debtor is not a resident, and get a couple of Notorised copies, and hand one to a bailiff if they call.  Other thing is if you have a car, they might go after that,  so showing V5 and insurance in your sole name helps with that one.   Above all don't worry, also film them with a mobile to capture any threats.   Unclebulgaria is correct that they shouldn't call if they have a current address, might be worth telling them where he is if they did call on you.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

Help Help Help Crb Problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have been training for over a year for a position in Youth Work caring for autistic and vulnerable children. I waited 9 weeks for my enhanced CRB to come back, I have no criminal record, warnings, repremands etc yet a comment by the police chief officers discretion has entirely ruined my career chances of ever working in this area which I have thrived for over a year. The company which was going to employ me offered me the position subject to my CRB which I received yesterday with comments about being involved in the supply of drugs which is far from the truth. I live on a small estate where there are some un-savoury characters to which I have been to school with and known throughout most of my life, these people have been involved in the supply of drugs but just because I know these people I have been tarred with the same brush, I believe it to be discrimination and against my rights as a human being. My company will now not employ me until that has been removed and I went to see a solicitor which I believe to not be of any use as he said all I can do is contest it through the CRB which is not good enough for me as I believe this is Libel/Slander. I am a married man of 29 years old and has alot to offer the industry that I am trying to go into yet this false statement has ruined my life and my career, I also had to explain to my family the reason I have not been given the job. CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ME, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are certain you have not been pulled over or cautioned in any way and there is no justification for making the remarks, then you should write recorded directly to the officer that made the comments and ask him directly why he has Libelled you.


When you get a reply, you can then make a judgement as to making an official complaint against the officer concerned.


If they are erroneous, then you should consider asking for compensation.


Don't let it rest.

Edited by Conniff

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you so much for ur comments the police have ruined my life i have never been in any trouble of any kind ther is not a thing on mr crb apart from that paragraph my company has since told me they cant employ me because of it i cant believe it my only crime was knowing these people which is because i live on the same estate as them and known them since childhood it is beyond a joke my career is over until i get that removed which will be a long process they jut cant do this 2 people i cud potentially lose my house aswell because now i have no income do u think i shud write 2 the chief police officer

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...